No Tags Found!

nkulsh

I think there seems to be some amount of over reaction here. Let me present you a slightly different scenario. What would our reaction be if the guy was the husband of the receptionist ? Would we have reacted this way? Would he be wrong waiting for his wife to finish work before going home together? I think it's all a question of perspective. I also think it's a question of discipline...

If his waiting is causing problems whereby the recpetionist is not completing her jobs or doing her work poperly, then she needs to be put on notice for non performance. Please understand that the guy has completed his allotted work (shift), so he cannot be blamed on performance issues unless there are some in his regular shift.

If their converstaion / interaction is creating disturbance, then both need to be told about it and asked to refrain. Can any HR decide whom, when and where an employee should interact with another? Not really...

I think what this situation requires is a small interaction with each individual explaining the effects of their activity on the rest of the organization and the need for them to be more " professional".

Cheers

Navneet

From India, Delhi
shiva_HRM

Dear Partho,
Terminating an employee is as easy as taking print out of relieving letter. But, think the consequences. t may impact on other workers.
HR should mind when come across such issues:
1. Past history of the employee with coworkers.
2. History of the receptionist with the employees.
In order to terminate an employee, we should not take a call in 2 to 3 days. It must be done by following a process. I suggest Corrective Action Plan for this.
1. Inform employee he/she is under observation for a period (1 or 2 months) and may lead to termination.
2. Assign Goals to be achieved or improved.
3. Conduct mind term review and inform actual.
4. conduct the final discussion, if positive IN, if not Pink slip.
Regards,
Shiv

From India, Bangalore
Hiten Parekh

Why the issue is being dragged such long. I understand from Partho's comments in one of the posts that the issue discussed is about one firm in Australia. No need to harp about what are the Standing Orders and disciplinary proceedings in India. Land of the Law should prevail. There must be laws in Australia to deal with this.
In general, no employer should 'want' or 'wish' to suspend an employee. If certain actions and deeds or absence of actions by an employee are against the disciplinary norms, employement agreement of / with the organisation, then the organisation may conduct disciplinary proceedings and if found guilty, the employee may be suspended based on severity of the misconduct.
Suspension can be outcome of disciplinary proceedings but should not be the conclusion made before the dicsiplinary proceedings.
- Hiten

From India, New Delhi
parthasarthi

Thanks folks,
I did tries to convey my message to both of them and I got following reply.
In Caucasian (white people) man pamper women in relationships and if this relationship has to foster and meet endresult of marriage then man has to always speak his women atleast five times and accompany her to show his loyalty if he is desiring to marry her.
This is social norm and women never accept man who has no caring attitude towards her. Therefore this couple are going to marry soon and they are engaged and has to keep themself close for maximu time in order to show loyalty towards each other. This is their fundamental right and civil right as common workplace they have this advantage to blossom this relationship inside office.
I did reprimand both of them to take care of decorum and they promissed that work will not suffer and he will wait her in waiting room for visitors until her office time is over.
I agreed to this.
Thanks to all for their valuable suggestions.
Regards
Partho

From Saudi Arabia
Ash Mathew

Wow Partho, See how much it has helped u , when you have actually discussed this with them. Good Job, and New info - knowledge sharing!!!! Hey but thats actually cute.
From India, Madras
parthasarthi

Well Sardharji,
Male worker has explain this fact to me only after my reprimanding them for their bad manners in office during office time. In response to my reprimand male worker has expressed his plight he may loose receptionist because of his negligence to her if he did not pamper and sho hie loyalty he will never get marry to her.
Regards
Partho

From Saudi Arabia
nitin kmt

Dear partho, first of all u should know why did the workmen go to the reception...if receptionist against him then u can talk to him.....
From India, Calcutta
Tapasbanerjee
Partho,
They love each other. Let them enjoy. Have you any weakness with that receptionist? If not, tehn let them enjoy and get married. Please join in their marriage reception and gift them a beautiful presentation.

From India, Calcutta
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.