No Tags Found!

Kritisampat

Dear all,
Greetings !!!
Wishing you all Happy Sai Baba Diwas.
I need a small favour. I have heard through some sources that there is a law which is passed recently for Paternity leave as well. The law states that an employee will be eligible for 15 days compulsory Paternity leave upto maximum of 2 childern.
I know that most of the Govt and Pvt organizations are already doing this. But just want to check if there is any mandate with regard to this.
Please let me know if this hold true.
Thanks
Bst regards
Kriti

From India, New Delhi
pon1965

Kirti,
No provision in Pvt organisations but it depends on their policies.
For Govt employees, read below.
The Central Government in 1999 by notification under Central Civil Services (Leave) Rule 551 (A) made provisions for paternity leave for a male Central Government employee (including an apprentice and probationer) with less than two surviving children for a period of 15 days to take care of his wife and new born child. He can avail this leave 15 days before or within 6 months from the date of delivery of child. If such leave is not availed within the period, it shall be treated as lapsed.
For Paternity leave he shall be paid leave salary equal to the pay last drawn immediately before proceeding on leave.
Following Central Government’s move, many State governments have also implemented similar provisions for its employees.
Pon

From India, Lucknow
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.