No Tags Found!

PratibhaH
Hi All,
I think there is a disconnect, these are 2 things: 1. No exit formalities completed & 2. No job discription.
No Exit formalities, may be due to various reasons:1. Frustrated due to low eeficiency , politics, partiality, etc. 2. From other state & is absconding & his exp/relvng letter doesnt make any difference to him. 3. company is not ready to relieve as: he/she is not ready to serve notice period,or complete notice period & the other employer says he is ok with no relvng letter as their req. is urgent.
Here is the system set strong enough to make sure that the employee completes the exit formalities (bond) & is the management open for talk with the employee about such probabilities.
Importantly : The HR should have a log of the reasons for no exit formalities done, thats more important to keep track of the loopholes to avoid such exit & bring % to minimum.
Also I think there should be some blacklisting platform available to check the records.....

From China
PratibhaH
Guys, please bare with me as my comment was for one post related to no job discription. It got posted without the earlier log, me being a new user. Thx
From China
sowjanyam
hi indrani,
good morning. thanks for ur reply. u understood my point rightly.
Background.... the production engineer was terminated because we didnt had hand ful of orders and we are in Lay-off the labour. management thought Pro. Engineer's salary is high so if we remove his we can reduce some burden....(very un professional approach). so he was terminated with immediate effect.i as HR objected the idea but they (MD and Director) with out informing me and CEO terminated him. it was a shock to every one in the factory.
QA guy was absconding .... because of the harrasement from management side. he joined his friend, the Pro. Engineer in another firm with out any notice. i have sent a warning notice and asked to join the duties but .... he is not responding. Mobile Off.... courier came back. my CEO and I know that he is working with Pro. Engineer. He is not interested to meet or talk to us even casually.
b]Twist in the Story[/b]
yesterday my Director came to know that both are working together.
now he is asking me to get the phone number of the company where my Qa guy joined recently and talk to the Director.
WHAT TO DO........
regards
Sowjanya
[

From India, Ranchi
sowjanyam
If i give the contact no. my director will talk to that director....this QA guy's career will be in trouble ....
if i wont give he will ......sit on my head.. and he can get it any way...
regards
Sowjanya

From India, Ranchi
richa_ferns

Hi All,

I have been following this post. As one of our friends mentioned there are 2 sides to a coin.

If employees are leaving without intimation / notice, surely there has to be loopholes in the processes/systems encouraging employees to follow such practices.

As for other companies not doing thorough background check....well the reality is today the demand is much more than supply. Industry has been booming like never before. All sectors not just IT. Thus putting pressure to hire resources within specified deadlines.

Take an example...if there was a critical opening in your company and you have interviewed candidates for this position and shortlisted 2 of them

You do a background verification and find that the best fit candidate has not got a proper release from his / her previous co. for whatsoever reasons and the other candidate who is not the best but has an impeccable record. which one would you hire? You may say the second best because of his impeccable record. Ok so you hire the second best and a few months down the line you realise s/he is good but not good enough for the position, you move him/her to a more relevant role or put on bench and start the process again. What happens in this scenario, you have lost valuable time in the past and are now again losing time and maybe business as you have to start the process again.

Had you hired the best option, maybe this could have been avoided. This is the reality check. With cut throat competition and demand far exceeding supply, organisations have accepted a little leeway. They hire candidates without proper release and monitor his/her performance, behavior etc and ensure their choices are not wrong. At the end of the day if they get a superior candidate albeit with some blemishes, they will choose to turn a blind eye to those blemishes.

- Richa

From India, Pune
unusual_indu

Dear Ms Richa
Thank you for explaining the scenario from a realistic point of view .I just wanted to ask you one question .What if the "best option" repeated his actions in your organisation too in the sense that after working for a month or so when he has already been assigned to a project he leaves your company without any notice ? then ..... But I agree that perhaps if I would have been in your situtaion I would have also crumbled under recruitment pressure and hired the "best option" .I made this post just to know that this kind of a compromise that we are making in terms of value and ethics,is it worth it ?
Keep posting
Thanks and Regards
Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
unusual_indu

Dear Sowjanya

I am sorry for the delay in reply .The case is getting complicated day by day.I have few more questions to add

1.Do you have copies of offer letter/appointment letter/confirmation letter signed by the QA engineer .If "yes" only then your company can take some legal actions on him

2. As per my understanding goes the QA engineer must have informed the management of the new company that under what circumstances he has left his previous company without notice .So even if now your director calls up that company's director it will have little or no effect

3.You are working as an HR of the company and you are an "HR" in the true sense of it because you care about your employees.But always remember you dont own the company you are an employee so you have to obey the orders from the management and dont feel guilty about "giving the director the other director's number and ruining the career of the QA engineer",you are just doing your job.Also remember that the QA engineer has left the company without notice and that is "WRONG" whatever the reasons may be so if you have to take action on the same then also you are "just doing your job"

4. If you feel that your personal values and ethics ,or your style of working ,or your way of looking at things are not at the same level with your management then start looking for another job .

5.The CEO of the company holds a lot of power in his hands so ask him to talk to the management regarding this issue

I hope this makes sense to you

Thanks and Regards

Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
richa_ferns

Hi Yes, hiring the best option is a risk so is hiring the second best. If risk has to be taken, then why not take it with the best.
From India, Pune
unusual_indu

Dear Ms Richa
Thank you for your views .I would just like to repeat my question once again "I made this post just to know that this kind of a compromise that we are making in terms of value and ethics,is it worth it ? "
I agree with you on the risk part and that is why I mentioned that if I have been in your position I woulkd have done the same
Keep posting
Thanks and Regards
Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
bhoomika
hi,
i just want to add a point that even if an employee wishes to leave the organization then has to answer so many questions which are not ment for further remedy of management mach but to haress the resignee......so where comes question of loyalty from the person who has made up his mind to leave the organization?

From United States, Malvern
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.