Huma Riaz

Dear Williams, My favourite is the american drama -'Twelve Angry Men' for Conflict Management.
From India, Madras
Huma Riaz

Dear Williams, The american drama-Twelve Angry Men, is a good pick for conflict management.
From India, Madras
Huma Riaz

Dear All,
Can you please suggest any tamil movie, which can be used for confidence-building?
In chennai, I feel handicapped though have good english movies to screen! Most people treat English as alien, and are not comfortable with the accent, etc.. It's a dire state. I am sure that it will improve.

From India, Madras
chowyang neo
Godfather 1 and 2 have many useful scenes:
a. Young Vito Corleon negotiating fearlessly with the Don in the Italian Cafe in little Italy - Negotiation Skills in the middle of GF2.
b. Old Vito Corleon chastising Sonny for asking too much (in the process revealing that he is keen about the deal) - Negotiation Skill in the middle of GF1.
c. Vito Corleon coaching Michael Corleon on how to know who will betray him - Coaching - near the end of GF1
Chowyang from Singapore

ajay kalyan

Renaissance Man a movie starring Danny de vito is an excellent movie which can be used in the Train The Trainer sessions.we can derive the Principles of Training and Tecniques used in training from this movie.
Ajay Kalyan

From India, Hyderabad
mohanraman
Dear Bill and fellow Trainers/HR people ,
Hi . I am an actor , in Tamil (south indian language) Films and TV who does freelance training. I ONLY use films ( coupled with games/Activity) in all my Training sessions and have found it very very useful. As I have myself acted in close to a 100 films I use a number of Tamil films ( prefer scenes where I am there). I Do not use the full film....in fact a clip length of 5 to 6 minutes is ideal......If I am presenting a full film then , it too is edited to 18 to 24 minutes.....just the salient parts...
I recommend to the group to try the following...
1. Negotiator
2.Troy
3. Sunshine Boys
4. K 19
5.Hunt for red October
6. Any Given Sunday.....
I have avoided the topic as they can be used for almost evrything...choose the correct scene is the manthra. I was inspired when as a Management student in XLRI we were shown 12 angry men...what a classic.I have not repeated names already posted in this thread. Huma Riaz wanted a Tamil film for confidence building- try Mugavari with Ajith Kumar ( Raghuvaran telling a story scene and the bell ringing urchin in the beach scene). One thing though I must state is the issue of Intellectual Property rights and the issue of copyright...Please be careful. Try not to use them in Public programs ie where members of the Public register and join etc....within the confines of your own corporate environment is Ok. I understand one of the Hollywood studios sent a notice to a Large Software company in Bengaluru..as they had mentioned using a film for their training purpose etc in their magazine/web site etc . Just a note of caution.For me, using the Tamil Films are not a problem as I have obtained an OK from the producer/Director....Bollywood and Hollywood still remain...
A Picture is worth a thousand words - is my by line. Have fun and Enjoy the process that is what will make you a Robin Williams in Dead Poet's Society.....Incidentally Finding Forrester is great for mentoring among others and A few Good men....

From India, Madras
bhatiasn30

guess we can add chak de to our list....!!!.... i think its an excellent example of team building.....and leadership....... regards!! Sneha
From India, Delhi
guptaswati83

Dear all,
I am very interested in using film clips for my training.
Have never done this before, so could you please mail be few of such training videos.
My ID is
I'll be much obliged.
Thank,
Swati

From India, New Delhi
mohanraman
The original for Chak De India.....was the Kurt Russell starrer called MIRACLE....I very often use it....In fact it is one tough movie to edit for so many brilliant scenes are there....This film is on Ice Hockey and how a coach forges a group of youngsters into a team that takes on the russians - 5 times olympic gold medallists. I strongly urge all of you to watch it....a real classic.
Hoosiers is another classic Sports Film.
Mohan raman

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.