No Tags Found!

neeru165
Dear Adnan,
Thanks for the article. It was interesting to read and know the qualities of a good manager.
And Mr Mammu, since a small kid can understand who had written this article Adnan would have thought grownups like us too would understand who wrote this. So kindly oversee this.

From India, Delhi
Mammu007

Forget it! Come to some serious matter.
See the thread: https://www.citehr.com/208201-beware.html
And beware you, your relatives and friends!
Thanks Mammu

From Djibouti
kawalsin
Dear Mr. Adnan
One of the qualities of a good human being (Which I believe are ranked above the qualities of a Manager) is to acknowledge one's mistakes and second is to give credit where it is due. I urge you to try to acquire them.
I assume you googled for this article, and if that's the case you must have noticed dozens of people quoting these but mentioning Bill Gates as the source. It would have been nice had you done the same too. At the very least, when pointed out to you by someone, have the courtsey to thank that person for it and then correct your mistake.
Do I need to say more?
Regards
Kawaljit

From India, Chandigarh
akkaran9
Dear Adnan, One must always give credit to the original author, whenever he/she reproduces some article. Otherwise, there will copy right threats.
From India, Mumbai
syed farhan
Dear Adnan / Mammu,
Please note source of article is as given below;
Source: http://www.btimes.co.za/97/1102/tech/tech6.htm
n written by Bill Gates it may be important to know about the author but there is no use to fight over the author we should learn good things even the source is unknwon... that seems merely putting your mussels to useless things.
Regards,
Syed Farhan

From Pakistan, Karachi
Elisante Yona

Hi, It is good inputs,but in accademic arena when you use someone knowledge,you need to acknowledge him/her,otherwise it can be regarded as plagiarism. With best regards, Elisante Yona
From Tanzania
Bob Gately

Hello adnanalam:

"1. Choose a field thoughtfully."

Too many managers are in the wrong field and/or the wrong job..

"2. Hire carefully and be willing to fire."

Effective managers do not hire employees who need to be fired.

"3. Create a productive environment."

Unless the employer hires for talent a productive environment will be very difficult to achieve and maintain.

"... When I was building Microsoft ..."

Looks like Bill Gates is the author.

"4. Define success."

Excellent suggestion.

"Project schedules, for example, must be set by the people who do the work."

Another useful suggestion that will be dismissed or ignored by managers.

"5. To be a good manager, you have to like people and be good at communicating."

As a minimum. Good managers like their employees enough to be honest with them to help them succeed. Wanting to be liked is not enough.

"This is hard to fake."

That is so true and helps explains why articles about how to be a good manager seldom help managers become good managers.

"If you don't enjoy interacting with people, it'll be hard to manage them well."

This explains why so few managers are good at managing, they do not enjoy their job.

"6. Develop your people to do their jobs better than you can."

I agree but I suspect that is very threatening to most managers who are afraid of being bypassed by more competent subordinates.

" Transfer your skills to them. This is an exciting goal, but it can be threatening to a manager who worries that he's training his replacement.:

This fear is hard to overcome.

"There's no shortage of jobs for good managers. The world has an infinite amount of work to be done;"

I agree completely but be aware that the best candidates make the best managers about 20% of the time. Hiring for talent helps identify future successful managers.

"7. Build morale."

Employers do not build morale. If employers manage well, morale will follow. Focus on managing well not on morale building.

"8. Take on projects yourself."

Good advice.

"9. Don't make the same decision twice. Spend the time and thought to make a solid decision the first time so that you don't revisit the issue unnecessarily. If you're too willing to reopen issues, it interferes not only with your execution but also with your motivation to make a decision in the first place. People hate indecisive leadership; However, that doesn't mean you have to decide everything the moment it comes to your attention. Nor that you can't ever reconsider a decision."

I copied the whole paragraph because it is full of insight into effective decision making.

"10. Let people know whom to please. Maybe it's you, maybe it's your boss, and maybe it's somebody who works for you. You're in trouble and risking paralysis in your organisation when employees start saying to themselves: "Am I supposed to be making this person happy or this other person happy? They seem to have different priorities."

I don't pretend that these are the only 10 approaches a manager should keep in mind. There are lots of others. Just a month ago I encouraged leaders to demand bad news before good news from their employees. But these 10 ideas may help you manage well, and I hope they do."

I copied the whole paragraph because it is full of insight into effective management..

From United States, Chelsea
K.Dinakar Kamath
I am sorry to note the tone and tenor of the exchanges between Mr Adnan and Mr Mammu.Let us not deny Mr.Adnan the credit for posting the famous steps adopted by Mr.Bill Gates to become what he is today.Why because I have not read these and got opportunity to read these words now.

Sincere thanks for this.

Adnan further deserves credit because he felt this formula of Microsoft boss will be of much use to lesser people like us. Made effort to post it.How much any body will be benefited out of that is left to those individuals.

How many of us might not have read better formulas quotes and experiences, which would have, if shared helped public in genearal? have any of us taken this trouble? dissemination of information for general good should be not be too much probed in to unless and until there is some gain in it.Undue advanantages or unfair practice etc should not be resorted to or tolerated in competitions where the opponents will be at a disadvantageos position.

Here we are all sharing knowledge to grow professionally and persoanlly, improve quality of our lives,and improve our srroundings.

This being the motive of this forum, is there any need to take the matter to point of no return?

Mr.Adnan cannot be pardoned for not aknowldging the source,if he is aware of the same.That too after some body insisted for the disclosure and paying gratitude to the Author.

Mr.Adnan's good work got totally tarnished and smeared because of his immaturityand small mind.

Intemperate language has not helped any body in this world what makes Mr.mammu so irritated and annoyed is difficult to fathom.It looks like he has decided to set right this world from all these irregularitis and wrong practises.Sorry .It will not serve any purpose.

By reading itself, it will be known that was from Mr.Gates, whether Adnan aknowledges it or not.If Mr Mammu was aware of 10 steps of Mr.Gatest earlier,but he did not share with anybody and if he was not knowing so far, he knows the 10 steps now, its author and also Mr Adnan is not its author and finally it is adnan who gave Mr.Mammu these steps to benefit in life.

From India, Bangalore
K.Dinakar Kamath
I am sorry to note the tone and tenor of the exchanges between Mr Adnan and Mr Mammu.Let us not deny Mr.Adnan the credit for posting the famous steps adopted by Mr.Bill Gates to become what he is today.Why because I have not read these

and got opportunity to read these words now.

Sincere thanks.

Adnan further deserves credit because he felt this formula of Microsoft boss will be of much use to lesser people like us made effort to post it.How much any body will be benefited out of that is left to those individuals.

How many of us might not have better formulasquotes and experiences which would have if shared helpe public in genearal?have we taken this trouble?dissemination of information for general good should be too much probed in to unless and until there is some gain in it.undue advanantage or unfair practice etc in competition where in the opponenes will be at a disadvantageos position.Here we are all sharing knowledge to grow and improve our quality of life and improve our srroundings. this being the motive of this forum is there any need to take the matter to point of no return.

Adnan cannot be pardoned for not aknowlding source if he is awarethat too after some body insisted for that.Adnan good work got totally tarnished and smeared because of his immaturityand small mind.

Intemperate language has not helped any body in this world what makes Mr.mammu so irritated and annoyed is difficult fathom.It looks like he has decided to set right this world from all this irregularitis and wrong practises.Sorry .It will not serve anu purpose.By reading itself it will be known that was from Mr.Gates whether adnan aknowledges it or not.Mr Mammu was also knowing about this formulae but he did not share with anybody and if he was not knowing he knows the formula now its author and also Mr Adnan is not its author and finally it is adnan who gave mammu this formula.

From India, Bangalore
adnanalam2

Dear Kamath,
Thanks for your justification......when I posted this Article, I was not knowing the Author name. As I've mentioned in my last post regarding the subject, I just assumed that this article belongs to a reporter who is just referring Bill Gates quotes and even I was not aware of that author too.
The sole purpose of posting this article was to just share good information, but Mr. Mammu supposed that I'm just trying to get the credit of this article. I tried to convey my gratitudes to the Author and of course it's our moral obligation to do so. But when a person is not aware of author or unintentionally forget to write the thanks message, he should not be blammed.
At this forum, our main motto is to improve our professionalism, and I will do my part.
Thanks once again.

From Oman, Muscat
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.