No Tags Found!

ana_sky
Hi All
I am working in a small IT firm with an employee strength of 43 employees. Right now we have 15 paid leaves in a calender year with no bifurcation. Can anyone please suggest me a good leave policy.
Thanks

From India, Pune
Afsalabdulkhani

Hi
Normally the employees who are under probation are not entitled to have leaves without proper reasons. If they produce a valid reason to take leaves, with the permission of their mentors they can take leaves for a reasonable period.
With regards to the seniors, company may have different policies. Usually there would be 15 casual leaves, 5 sick leaves, leaves on 10 holidays, sundays and saturdays. These are the leaves normally a company gives to its employees. And again it is up to the discretion of the company management.
work on five days in a week becomes a vogue for IT companies now. So communicate the same to your senior management.
Regards
Afsal

From India, Madras
nimish1981

Hi Geet,
I would suggest you that Leaves must be classified.
The classification should be in this way:
1) PL-PREVILIGED LEAVE
2) CL- CAUSAL LEAVE
3) SL -SICK LEAVE.
You then bifurcate your 21 leaves in the above mentioned classification.
When the employee is on probation. No Leave can be given to him.
After completing 6 Months of probation then you are supposed to give CL & SL for the completed 6 months. FOR PL ELIGIBILITY he has to complete a year.
Usually, IT firms works 5 Days a week.
Regards,
Nimish Joshi

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.