ullas.bosco

Hai all,
I have been working for an animation company and asked to check the general attitude of a person in the interview by the management.Please let me know any case study or questionnaire to be asked in the interview regarding this.

From India, Madras
tajsateesh

Hello ullas.bosco,

First of all, pl mention what YOU mean & understand by 'attitude'. I am serious when asking this.

For example, one management person may think 'good' attitude is to listen & just do to what's being told to the employee--his/her definition of 'obedience'. While you or me could have a totally opposite view of this definition. For a low-level job profile, this 'attitude' could be an asset, but for a supervisory/managerial role, this could be a wrong expectation--and in some situations not desirable at all.

So first try to summarise what is it that your management wants/means--basically quantify in concrete terms.

Once you have this list/info, the next step would be to figure-out how to evaluate.

Though there are many tools to check-out the attitude of an employee, the basic checks really don't need their usage--unless the results are to be circulated to many levels before a hiring-decision is to be taken.

Pl note that in principle, there will never be 'right' or 'wrong' answers for such evaluation--only APPROPRIATE answers [appropriate to the situation under discussion/consideration].

For a rudimentary evaluation, you can take any day-to-day examples/situations to see how the person would respond. Like for example, you can ask him: while we are talking, your mobile rings, how do you respond? If the person says I have already switched off my mobile, that could indicate that he/she is systematic, anticipates problems/situations in advance & takes the present meeting seriously [not all do it mind you--they only put it in vibration mode]. There could be multiple answers--so you need to co-relate the answer to the the probable situation that could crop-up in the office if he joins & then check-out the appropriateness & then decide. Hope you get the point.

I have not used any tools for many of my attitude evaluation rounds--when one has ready-made tools all around us, why use something that's 'very approximate'--so to say?

At least that's my take on this.

Pl do wait for others to respond too.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.