No Tags Found!

anilthankan

Seema,
People will try to lower down HR people bcuse tehy feel HR is nuisance ina company. You should prove waht HR really emans for an organization.. mointor teh person regularly and if you find something negative about teh said person take teh issue seriously with the management then he will understan dthe poer of an HR
Thanks
Anil

From India, Kochi
Hariraj
Dear Seema,
This is a trend in most of the Industries. HR is never in a position to manage.
Only solution is to try to convince the management or let it run in its own way. If they do not value HR then there is no fun in continuing there.
Try your luck where the Organization understands the value of HR and where
the HR Manager has enough powers to manage the HR Activities.
Wish you all the best!
Regards,
Harirajsinh D. Chudasama

From India, Pune
abhi1212happy
Dear Seema,

Greetings,

The more confident you are, the less rudeness and arrogance will be able to penetrate your defenses. There are no circumstances when you have to put up with unacceptable behavior. People known for their arrogance do not behave that way towards everyone; just to those who allow them to get away with it.

It’s tricky but still You have to be careful how you handle it, but that does not mean being a doormat.

Much depends on how you react. If asked to do something in an unacceptable manner, question it. Try a smiling, ‘I beg your pardon’, as if you can’t believe what you heard. When asked to repeat something, it often makes the questioner reflect momentarily on what they said and check its appropriateness. While doing this, maintain eye contact to show you have not been cowed by the exchange. If that doesn’t work, you can try being more direct, but always keep it pleasant.

Aggression is more easily diffused with a smile. Put the onus on your boss by expressing concern, but keep your tone as one of friendly interest rather than apology. Phrases like ‘Have I done something to upset you?’ or ‘You seem annoyed, is there a problem?’ can work wonders. Those who behave unacceptably do not want to explain it, they just want everyone to jump to their commands. If you oblige, you store up problems for yourself in future and the job you always wanted will not live up to your expectations.

More over self-esteem is above all, but according to me that person is not against you, he wants to apply what he knows.....so let him go with his outdated ideas........

Regards,

Abhi
:icon1:"Your attitude decides your altitude":icon1:

From India, Jamnagar
pankajdcosta
Hi Seema, Think we are in the same boat...
I joined this start up firm a year ago... the consulting division of this company is 2 decades old and believe it or not I am the first HR person in the entire history of the organisation. I am with the KPO division which started last year but the board and sr mgmt is the same for both the divisions. Making my presence felt especially when all are consulting background and from premier institure its being all the more difficult. But what pleased me that they realised that the company needed an HR person (better late than never) itself made me feel better that i am needed. probably just to do the dirty job. None the less i started in the first year understanding what THEY wanted rather than what change and new HR best practices i wanted to implement. In the eight years of my career this was the first industry of consulting/KPO nature hence i choose to go buy the mgmt and carrying out changes whatever they required and (frankly) bothered less about what the employees wanted.... i realised that i was able to make the mgmt happier with every passing day and was becoming bitter in the eyes of the employees since the seniors wanted to have it their way... So in my appaisals the employees gave a not so wonderful feedback to the bosses about me being a mgmt guy than a "HR Person".... now when the top bosses (we are only 60 people in the company) sat for my review it was "they" who asked me that i should improve and sympathise with people and think from their perspective as well. It was then that i clinged to the opportunity and mentioned that i did everything as per their directions and hence could not full people....... and they agreed..... and asked to start carrying out new initiatives and be a HR person................. today .. my mgmt is happy and so are the people. You might not have a similar experience if you try this.. what i wanted to say this if you cant beat them join them... be one with them... and then gradually change them.... let them accept you first.... and then they will accept everything you say!!!! Cheers

From India, Mumbai
Seema HR
Dear All,
Thanks to you all for your valuable suggestions.
Here, they dont understand what does HR mean and hence no value.........they just wanted to have an HR for namesake with no powers/ decision making authority. anyway, i m trying to keep quiet and decided to move to more professional organization. Can you forward me list of consultants so that i can forward my cv across to them?
Many thanks in advance.
Regards,
Seema

From India, Mumbai
niranjan81@gmail.com
Hi Seema,
It's absolutely your call if you want to continue or hop.
But life does drives everyone of us through a lot of patches that are not all that easy and nice.
One way to look at these patches is to take a D tour and avoid them completely.
And yet another way is to "Deal" with these patches.
I agree that it sounds easier than actually being there.
I am just turning your head so that you can see this situation as a learning class, or an mini training arena.
Just ask yourself, as to, if at all you could "deal" with this man and handle him proficiently, and confidently how difficult or easy or even a peace of cake would it be when similar people try to show their colours :)
You are the final judge, I only wanted to give a different perspective.
Best Regards,
Niranjan Pandit

From China, Qinhuangdao
deepak77srivastava

Hi,
ROME WAS NOT BUILD IN A DAY.
KEEP UR SPIRITS HIGH..POSITIVE ATTITUDE WILL COUNT ON AT THE END..
AS U R THE FIRIST HR IN UR COMPANY ...
& ALL EMPLOYEES ARE ALREADY ACCEPTING UR WORK FOR THE GROWTH OF COMPANY...
KEEP IT UP..
REGARDS,
Deepak Srivastava

From India, Calcutta
sojuloyola@yahoo.com
Dear

HRM is the legal liason between the organization and the employees,they are to uphold the employment and safety laws (osha, and civil rights act) as well as follow the practices, which may differ within federal guidelines, that the employer authorizes.

Corporations are always searching for better ways to produce goods and services. When new technological developments give some organizations a competitive advantage, their rivals try to catch up by adopting and improving on the new technologies.

Ford has put many of Toyota's technical advances to work in its own plants, and General Motors has spent over $50 billion in the last decade to modernize its production facilities to develop skills in flexible manufacturing.

A large part of this growth is the Human Resources department of these companies, who are responsible for hiring the people with the knowledge to bring new technology into a company. To be successful in the automotive market, these companies needs a highly skilled, flexible and committed work force, a flexible and innovative management, the ability to retain developed talent, and a strong partnership between management and labor unions.

To achieve these goals, the company needs a talented HR department. Besides hiring the right people to manage and perform specific jobs, HR managers have to build up commitment and loyalty among the workforce by keeping them up to date about company plans, and laying out the implications for job security and working conditions.

From the interview process to exit interview at the end of the summer, the HR department was every employee's main connection between the production floor and the upper management. The HR department informed employees via bi-weekly meetings, a company newsletter, and bulletin-board postings throughout the plant. Whenever a question arose, instead of asking middle-management, an employee could go straight to the HR rep they were assigned to. From my experiences, it seemed like the HR reps knew everything there was to know about the company and how it is run. And I found that to be a very valuable asset. I imagine the same takes place at large corporations around the world.

The backbone of any successful company is the HR department, and without a talented group of people to hire, culture, and inform employees, the company is doomed for failure

Soju:lol:

From India, Kochi
gjcprakash
A large part of the growth is the Human Resources department of any organisation.
The backbone of any successful company is the HR department, and without a talented group of people to hire, culture, and inform employees, the company is doomed for failure .
The person who is the senior let him do his duties, but tell your employees clearly that follow the rules according to the policies of the company. Tell them not to waste their time in afraid of any one, tell them to follow the policies, and being a HR prepare the policies and you follow the same. you be the intiative and dont care those words who gives you a gnyan session. tell him clearly that there is no time for the gyan session. you should be brave enough to handle this kind of suitivation then give the support to your employees where finally majority wins.

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.