No Tags Found!

m.gahlot

Dear Seema,

From your note, I was unable to find how long has this been happening????

If it has been there for quite some time now then u have some options:

The easiest is to find another job and change asap.......

But do u actually want it?????:confused:

Now comes the tough option - stay there and follow whats happening.....
This person might not be capable enough and may not deserve the position that he has, but there is little that you can do about it (since the entire mgmt is quite).

I suggest, donot go in for a head-on collision with this senior person, instead apply our energy in various other activities of HR (where in he has no/less intervension).

As far as HR being useless; its exactly the opposite; the HUMAN touch in any Org. is provided by the HRD. Its more of a business partner than a support function.

Hold on the fort and keep trying untill you succeed.................take it as an experience.....as your testing time. Start from small things...build ur rep. in ur peers and other colleagues........................though its 21 century but patience still pays....................if nothing in favour................atleast high regards for self that your have given ur 100% with complete honesty.

Empty ur heart else where but while in office be tough!!!!

Do ur best!!!!

Megha
:icon1:

From India, New Delhi
vidhyazoyal@gmail.com
Hi Seema I hope asha gave a good suggestion for your grievence.... Some senior people will have ego,nevermind that...
From India, Coimbatore
sunshine HR

Dear Seema,
I fully understand what u r going thru. This person is using his muscle power by doing all these. Going thru your mail, i can sense that its not only this issue, but there are others as well when they dont consult HR. by this what i can make out is mgt doesnt give importance to HR. otherwise when he said, he would take disciplinary action against u, they should have come in the scene and confronted him (especially when what u did is in right cause). He doesnt have any right to talk to u in such a manner. & if talking to your superior n putting in writing also doesn't help, then i feel you should look for a change. keep your cool and try looking out. Here in the meantime just keep quiet as what others have suggested. He must be an old man........ Old people seldom change, so let's try to change us. Dont think this is a defeat, but its for maintaining harmony. Folks, your comments please.
Deepa

From India, Mumbai
btaniya@indiatimes.com
I only read the first two persons feedback but i am not agreed with K.Ravi and Abraham......
HR is the heart of the company....all the employees started from security to owner/Management/director all are under HR. so each and every employees whatever theirs seniourities is shold respect the HR.
Everybody is having their own EGO and they are having right to protect it either seniour or juniour....
u boldly ask that person that whether he was recruited here as HR or what....you make him clear boldly that about his department and tell him not to interfere in other department......

From India, Hyderabad
DS

Dear Freinds,
It is quite surprising to see that only one of our freind has seen this case from a legal point.
I agree with K. Ravi that in certain (or all) cases it is a legal requirement that attendance has to be recorded manually in certain prescribed registers (formats). For eg: In Factories Act - there is a prescribed register format.
I fully understand that it is a duplication and besides in today's scenario we have to move towards paperless offices.
However, we have to follow the law of the soil.
Dear Seema,
Why don't u find out the reason from legal point? The other guy is a senior person and so definately he is much more experienced. There must be some valid reason behind his action.
To my understanding, law only recognises attendance recorded manually in registers (prescribed formats).
Seniors please correct me if I' am wrong.
Regards
DS

From Singapore, Singapore
Vijayas
Hi Seema,
when the management is not taking you seriously & no action has been initiated against him till now, incluing your boss is not supporting you and taking up the issue with the management to conclude and for your bad luck, your manager also asks you to keep quite. There is no other way, but to keep quite or quit from there.
But if you want to really prove your abilites and dont care for your job, then go-ahead and fight against this. Prove it to him, that HR is as strong as his department is.
Start hunting for a job at the back end & dont give up.
All the best. :icon1:

From India, Bangalore
shamanth

Dear Madam,
If you are talking about a system or a process or a policy wtc., you have only 3 options,
1. Create your own system, make others to follow it through its positiveness.
2. Adjust with the present system, be flexible to everything and everyone.
3. just quit the system.
The decision is urs. For every change, there will be resistence. But change is universal, people has to be changed, if he is not willing to change, time will change him. Because many of us faces the same problem, and we complain that HR has no importance. really it has. Make others to aware about that. if you able to fight, have a confidence to fight, keep on fighting till you succeed, else simply quit the system.
Be happy always,
Best wishes,

From India, Bangalore
raghunath_bv

Hi Seema,
It is really very pathetic to go through your case, however, you need to convince that senior guy that change is the order of the day and he has to adust to the changing environment. It is here your role is very crucial and critical you need to speak to the management and update them aobut the swipe card syste, whcih records the login and log out time and in the long run it is very beneficial. I is mere waste of time to go to every depts to ask for signing the muster roll and the calculation is very simple in case of swipe card system than compared to the manual system. I is human tendency to protest against the change and ultimately it the HR role to make them understand. Donot get frightned be bold enough to implement the systemwhich you will is benecicairy to the organisation. Ultimately it is the organizational goal that is important than the individual goals
May God bless you

From India, Bangalore
sumit2008
Hi Seema,
First of all we need to understand whethet the time and attendance management system is being taken care by the HR dept. or the admin dept. Ideally it should be core responsibility of HR only for any attendance updations later on as it has a effect on the calculation of salary days. If your senior is making sign the muster compulsory, I believe that it is kind of back up plan wherein incase of any problem in the machine, you can always cross verify from these records. As per my understanding the issue here is ego conflicts happening due to the different seniority level. What I would suggest- Rather than directly escalating this to the higher management, you should have a healthy discussion with your senior. Might be he also has something to share in this regard.
Thanks
Sumit Sharma

From India, New Delhi
rvaraprasad

All i can say is .....

Drill down, and you will see that the real secret to solving these big problems is to look at them with a brand new attitude, a new perspective, and to attack them piece by piece with small solutions.

Wish you success,
Vara

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.