No Tags Found!

orchids

Hi Seema,

This is an always ongoing problems at a workplace. Its a more of kind of individuals conflicts of practices and opinions.

See, always make a record of whatever happens with connection to your work stuff and whatever happens or any action implemented keep your immediate boss reported. And be bold, straightforward and frank. There's nothing problem in being so. Make it a habit that you keep updating your boss via emails (emails are a strong communication-tool at workplaces). And then wait for an opportunity the best one will be an "meeting". Try to make a habit to make doc(soft copies) on whatever operations implemented or built stating its development. cost, beneficial, pre and post implementation effects etc(just like minutes of meeting) and keep updating seniors or even the employees if needed via emails and its automatically kept track of.Now that you done all these stuff and when somebody enters the scenario and brings changes specially something to be done very manually I know how reluctant it would be to follow. It would be disturbing mind often no matter what happens. So, when you find an opportunity to speak out in the meeting or I'm sure a common feedback would be asked in meeting about the current operations..there just throw out this topic in a very subtle way. Guess what the others in the meeting with like thoughts will join you. Consequently, if its sorted out or not in a favourable way at the end you'll be satisfied and relaxed that you put the issues across.After this, just apply what the above members have suggested.

And Just wanted to add something its not actually Downgrading HR..we have similar cases in every department. So, relax.

From India, Mumbai
K.Ravi

anyways what prob u have in signing the muster, coz as per some rules even muster needs to be maintained, so better just use ur pen and sign two times a day ,,, :icon5::icon5::icon5:
dont think that hr means ur a king and ur powers being snatched away by that whoever he maybe or she may be person :icon4::icon4::icon4:

From India, Pune
shiv.skmr
Dear Seema,

Please be informed that, you are the person who was and is heading HR Dept in your Organisation till date and you are the one who have brought in the concept of swipe card system(Which is accepted by all the employees).

I would definitely back you saying that, you should not feel bad or low just because the head from the other department in trying to authoritatively order you to proceed with "Manual Signing - Muster".

He has no authorisation to change the prevailing practices which is widely accepted by the Employees/Management.

Kindly putforth a statement to the Management as to how the so called Manual Attendance Tracker would benefit when compared with the Swipe Card Concept and ask for justification both from the Management as well as from the primitive hero - muster tracker head.

As a HR, please do not drop your shoulders especially when you are bringing concepts for the well being of the Company and when others know that the primitive practices like Manual Attendance Tracker is of no use(thought, they cant bring it to the management's notice)

May be ask for a detailed presentation on the pros when we use Manual Tracker and inturn you prepare what are the benefits that could be sought from your swipe care implementation.

**May be, he is from a Govt Organisation.
**Let the focus be on moving forward rather that leaving others to move forward.
:lol:
Regards,
Shiv

From India, Ernakulam
AS

Dear Seema,
A simple solution to this problem,just be quiet to all these situation as by now u are aware that ur senior are also useless in handling the situation, just sign the muster.
And if your colleagues in your office keeps on teasing you, just reply to them, what to do, people like do not support in time of need in bad times.
Just leave it. dont argue, in fact try to support hsi system, insist all to sign on the muster, he willget tired of shouting at you.
:)

From India, Mumbai
eswaa1979

Dear Seema,
I think the guy from some government department or from Some old practices concern. You think even though your management is not support whatever things that you do is waste it is my practical experience. If it is possible Please quite for some time that everything turn right on your side orelse please try to change your job, because like this concerns there's no value for HR.
Regards
Eswar.K

From India, Chennai
Sapnah
if he uses language which is not acceptable in a professional circle, please complaint against him in writing to your manager and management. He can be booked on harassment. If you can include anyone else who faces the brunt ask her/him to also put in a written complaint against his attitude.
Show him acts on harrassment / put them on notice boards as a new policy.

From India, New Delhi
punnapadmini

Seema you need to be patient enough..People issues will take time to get resolved.i can understand your situation totally,but never loose hope.
1)You can take your RM & his RM into confidence & some other people in other deaprtments who are facing the same issue with him & complain to his BOSS(am sure every one has Boss:))..this should solve the purpose or atleast they would be aware & feedback would be given to him...this is purely my experience...i have withnessed results doing this ,& it really worked..trust me..but there is caution to it that later this person might look at you as rival...but then you get your desired results:-)
2) Listen to the world & compromise like most of them suggested here & try looking out job some where else...but my question what do you fetch by doing this? what if same thing repeats in other comapny as well? fighting for onself is good.
This is purely my intentions & i would leave it to you for you to judge better!!! you are the Best judge:)

From India, Hyderabad
verma_rajesh2008@yahoo.co

Hi Seema
don't worry, such type situation is going on a few organisation. my point of view, Ist either organisation placed new or boss never like system. due to u fased this type problem.
same things found in my organisation.
I also looking HR. but not happy u know here no understand value of HR
made understanding only HR do work only PF & ESI, personal file that its.
so don't loose ur confidence and put youself accourding atmoshphare and going job untill u get a better job,:-D opertunity.
thnks
Rajesh Verma ( Haryana)

From India, Calcutta
Seema HR
Dear All,

Many thanks for your quick and timely feedback.

I am actuallly feeling light hearted since yesterday after reading all your suggestions/ guidance. You all have really enlightened a dejected soul...!!

Coming to the subject, i have done all that was required from my end... have put forth in writing to the senior mgt (my boss's boss) what has happned, n also abt the foul language this person's using time n again. but as i said, no feedback/ action from them. Also made them understand the pros & cons of manual tracking viz benefits with system orientated, but it seems its falling in deaf ears!!! This is just a trailor seniors....... as i told, there have been many situations in past wherein he takes decisions, w/o consulting HR. Moral of the story in a nutshell is....no feedback/ action from the senior mgt, whatever happens in office...!!

N to top it all, its v. disturbing when our immediate boss doesn't support us, inspite of knowing v r right!!! I am trying to compromise as u all have suggested n keep quiet with a positive hope that someday things would improve and fall in place.

I can't help but continue appreciating you all for guiding me the right path..... my wounds have begun to heal...!! n also to CiteHr which is an excellent platform for gaining knowledge and interacting with professionals like you all.

Seema

From India, Mumbai
Abdullahyousuf
Hi Seema,
Ash is absolutely right. In addiion to ash, i would suggest you to consult this person before you decide implementing or any thing related to this person in particular. what i understood is that this particular paerson wants him to get recognised and praised for nothing. so u have to make him feel that he is the deciding authority 7 he is great.
in short, consult this person before u decide or implement any thing.Dont tell him i am goind to do this, ask or request him saying if you please let me know if it would be good if i do this.or may i have your thoughts please how to go about this......
Thanks
Regards
Yousuf

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.