No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi,

I work as an HR Head for a Group which has a Food Manufacturing unit, basically essential items, Please let me know whether it is mandatory to keep the attendance register for the on roll employees or machine punching can also be done.

According to the Factories Act, let me know what is mandatory in this respect.

Madhu.T.K

Physical attendance can be replaced by any electronic means of attendance marking only if it is permitted by the appropriate (labour) authorities. You can get approval provided you submit the copies of the reports extracted from the system and when the same contains the details required as per the Rules prescribed. But for the convenience and fine recording of arrival and departure of workers, we all keep biometric or other forms of attendance marking. Along with it we will keep physical attendance in the prescribed form. In the absence of approval to maintain soft copies of reports, the Inspectors will depend only on physical forms and they will ask for that only. Therefore, it is advisable that you maintain both.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.