No Tags Found!

mani_pooja

Hi Harshita,
I don't think the clause of 02 months salary will be applicable in your case.It would have been applicable if you would have been for few months and undergone if any training etc.
As per me,you should talk to your HR and discuss your concerns like JD was not clear at the time of interview and exit on a professional manner.
Make sure you take good,careful and calculated decisions from next time and most importantly do research before you go to interview about the company,its products & services,job role & responsibilities etc.

Eira Knowledge Matters

Harishita,
While I concur with Ankita... I have a question to you:
- What do you want, a peaceful exit without fear of legal action or live in fear of being caught?
If the answer to the above question is "yes", then pay up, this may leave you poorer financially but your professionalism will remain intact to a large extent.
I hope this answers your query.

From India, Hyderabad
Rukshandeva
Anikta
What I suggest is that you have preplaned induction programme which will be given to the new comer on arrival on his first day with every hour of his induction period suitable to the organsation he would be acompanied and helped around to learn the layout, procedures, collegues etc.,. I dont agree on your compromising but of course it depends on the size of the organisation and the number of people available to carry out the task but I feel it pays to have a new comer inducted properly to both make him feel at ease and for the company to retain him. i am unbale to post my contact detilas here but I am willing to share with you my deatils with you.

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
shivinu22

dear harshitha,
what our N.K. SUNDARAM has told is absolutely right,,, see from day one ,no company will put you into the work and more than that,, they will observe your behavior and your attitude in the first six of five days you will spend in the office, if you really had the zeal of learning you would have stayed in that company..
being an HR is the most responsible job ok, how come you come to the conclusion that in the first day itself you thought the management has broken the promises, it is not fair to your career too to be an good employee.
inform me if i am wrong with my words
regards
Vengopala B A
Manager-HR

From India, Bangalore
rajiv23

The question arises whether you have accepted that appointment letter, even if yes the clause of 2 months notice will come into force after the completion of your probation period ( till you accept the confirmation letter). without accepting the confirmation letter it is not valid there may be 7 day notice or even less or nil.
Pls. read your appointment letter carefully and relieve you tension.
Rajiv Singh.

From India
harshitasolanki

Rajiv Singh
There is no Probation period .
The employee is confirm from day 1.I have read the appointment letter there is no such specification about probation period.It means the employee is confirmed from day 1.

From India, Mumbai
krishnanra

Harshita,
A small inquisition to you.. You have identified a job-opening there, Went through interview's & got placed too.
From a HR point of view he has acquired/found a replacement to the particular position. Also how it is possible for you to make an opinion about the future growth within a day??

From India, Chennai
Steve.Genesis
Dear Hashita,
It is strange to me that you want to quit a job on the very day of resumption!
In any case, employees have the liberty to leave a job they are no longer interested in so long as they fulfill the necessary conditions.
First, you need to understand the terms of the offer very well. There is usually a clause relating to probation period. Check to see if the requirement of returning two months salary in liue of notice relates to the probation period or after confirmation of your appointment.
It is not likely that an employee will be required to refund two months salary if he/she has not been confirmed on the job - especially that you have not even earned any salary from the organisation.
It is advisable that you resign properly by satisfying all conditions. Job related information have a way of going around.
Best of luck.

From Nigeria, lagos
saswatabanerjee

This has turned out to be a long and interesting discussion for all of us to learn.

However, harshita is not in the least bothered.

She has only 1 question,so lets answer that clearly :

Harshita,

Once you have signed the appointment letter and have worked (even for an hour), you are bound by the terms of the letter. You therefore have to give a 2 month notice or pay a notice pay of 2 months. The company can file a case against you and pursue it. Chances are courts will not not grant it since the person has worked for only one day.

On the other hand, the cost of fighting a legal battle against the company will be very very expensive for you. Just came to another case like yours in the precious week, the case had 55 hearings till date (actually 55 adjournments). You oay the lawyer each time. Even if he is charging ou 1000 per day, thats 55000 gone and in addition your cost of travel to the court and 55 times u apply to the company for leave.

Rest, the other members have already advised you.

From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

I wish to put my views on the induction debate.

Ofcourse I have the hind sight view that very clearly shows the HR was not at fault

Except for having chosen a bad candidate.

Indiction can take any shape. Tata has 15 day induction for certain level of new employees. on the other hand, for some junior posting, it's 1 hour. It's context sensitive. Few companies or position need an extensive induction.

Our company for example, is a team of 40 consultants and auditors working from 3 offices. Induction in our office involves introduction if the new employee to the team sitting in the office he will be working, and a mail to the 4 managers about the person joining. As and when he will work with other teams, he will get to meet them. (compared to us, the HR there has done much more).

The candidate was adequately briefed about the firm during interview (or has read about us before applying). So we don't need to cover that. For some critical matters we need to get a NDA signed, which takes 2 days. Therefore in some cases, the person can not even access previous reports till then and basically does time pass or helps someone or generally just gets to know people.

Even when someone starts working they are given small and simple work and the real,critical work is given only after the team lead or manager is sure the new emoloyee will be able to do it properly.

Someone leaving after 1 day or in the first week also happens, we generally say good riddance. Manager will give hr a piece of his mind for selecting a stupid candidate, but he also knows that HR would no be able to judge properly during an interview such a thing.

The original poster has behaved in an immature and unethical manner.

But there is no shortage of such a person.

It's better we all not down the name so if she comes to any of our office, we treate with caution.

(nah, we won't. Too many such candidates are floating around any way)

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.