Anonymous
Respected Sir/Madam, Today i am writing this email to express my interest in do a research on Campus hiring trends and strategies followed by the MNCs/Corporates, or Current trend in hiring and strategies in MNCs/Corporates.

Seeking your suggestion and support, Experts can help me by mentoring or guide to take it forward.

Presently i am working with one of the Reputed College of Management and Engineering college,
I have total + yrs experience as placement officer and campus hiring.

Somewhere i feel that, there is a broad gap B/W campus to corporates, now a day you all might have experienced with this, where there are many private institutes are playing majored role to fill this gap.
Many corporates are still believing that, hiring from these kind of institute they will get best candidate with the right skill set.

As students, however, whatever the training been done for them still they could not make it up during the campus hiring.
This area i want to do my research, where company can trust campus students as they can become right revenue for the company.
I knew that, there are challenges in this area, where i want write and do research in this area.

Seeking your help and great support from HR community to understand the strategy, so that i can prove that/ i can communicate companies that, the major hiring should happen and equally preference will given to Campus students.

Many thanks in advance,
Regards,
Prameela B

From India, Bengaluru
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

There is no doubt that for bulk fresher requirement campus hiring is the reliable, easy and best mode of recruitment for Corporates even though we have other options like online recruitment platforms. Campus hiring is the best way to appraise a high volume of talent pool in one place in a cost effective manner. The biggest challenge what we face as per my point of view is that many students with good CGPA are lacking in communication skills especially written communication. Most of the Engineering Graduates who join us are asking for some templates when advised to write a small (normal) request letter for address proof or some HR related correspondence. Also during Induction process candidates are comfortable with vernacular language and not preferring English. This is where Colleges need to focus and to emphasis among the importance of English as a global language. Though for entry level language will not be a constraint I use to advise them to visualize the position they will be after 10-15 years and how communication will become more crucial when they climb up the Career ladder. So some additional courses for communication skills colleges needs to look into or need to work out very seriously if such courses are already in vogue.

The other missing factor is subject knowledge.. especially after covid candidates with good score are not technically good, not able to answer questions very much related to their subjects. Either college or students cannot be blamed and the credit goes to the online classes which was not utilized properly.

The other challenge what we face is groupism. When students from multiple colleges are placed students from same college move as a group, not able to socialize with other peer members and in case of better offer after gaining experience at times they move as a group which will become the loss to the company and all efforts to train them become meaningless.

Though we have other options like employee references, web portals, social media tools etc Campus Hiring still continue to be first choice where the volume of fresher requirement is more. In general students need to improve in all aspects, subject knowledge, communication wise, attitude wise

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.