No Tags Found!

nashbramhall

Hot air hand drier only helps to avoid the use of paper towels. However, to eleiminate toilet-paper one needs to spend a lot. Please see what Japanese technology does at Introducing the high-tech paperless toilet that leaves you clean and dry without cutting down trees | Mail Online
From United Kingdom
kannanmv

Dear Venkatesh,

You are aware that removing the tissue paper from the dispenser has to be done in a particular fashion and in my opinion, some employees are not aware of this. They tend to tug at the tissue paper visible at the bottom of the dispenser and when they find that it does not get released they tend to tug at the bunch of tissues found at the bottom of the dispenser and finally end up with a bunch of tissue papers in their hand and eventually they cannot shove the unused paper into the dispenser and hence quietly dispose it off in the dustbin. Explore to find out if new entrants are the cause for this problem. The reason for this thought was you have mentioned that you experience this problem only for the past 15 days.

However, you can think of yet another solution which is simpler. You may consider placing a terry towel in a towel stand besides the hand wash or a hand drier as yet another member has suggested. You may have to change the towel as frequently as required depending upon the number of people using the washroom. Those employees who are not comfortable with the tissue dispenser or hand drier may feel comfortable to use the towel. You may also train the new entrants on the usage of tissue paper during the induction process as they may find it embarrassing to check with anybody on the methodology of usage.

M.V.Kannan

From India, Madras
mahesh.prem
Hi All, In one of the companies I know, they implemented a leader board where we used to log the food wastage in the cafeteria. It worked. Can we try something similar?
From India, Tirupur
rajuvenkatesan6@gmail.com
Dear Venkatesh, Instead of keeping Tissue paper in Toilet why should you try to keep Hand Towels, and based on your employee size keep 2 or 3 and that should be change in AF section. Regards, Raju.V
From India, Chennai
Charudatta Pundlik

It is the attitude of the Employees.
1.To express their frustration that leads to anger.
2.Their casual attitude.
Find out who are the frustrated people and the reason for the frustration.- Are they assigned with more load than their capacity? Try to resolve the matter without delay. Frustration leads to anger and anger leads to destruction.
Also remember "Responsibility without accountability leads to corruption and Accountability without responsibility leads to frustration.
Throwing paper in the dust bin may be the beginning, which may get aggravated if the situation is not controlled immediately.
Holding the supply of paper is not going to solve the problem.
Analyze the situation, talk to the individuals, try to find out their difficulties and provide the right solution.
You will be the winner.
C.S.Pundlik,
Pune.

From India, Pune
ckv1949
This is not a matter to sweat much on. If you are a small company, simply install jet spray in toilet seats and do away with toilet paper. If you are a medium/large company, dont sweat over small matters and focus on bigger things
From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Venkatesh,

Several members have given their valuable suggestions. However, you have not even given simple acknowledgement for any post. What does this show?

For the members who have given replies: - The situation is a result of some person's disgruntlement. It has not arisen out of lack of environmental consciousness. To certain extent Mr Pundalik has touched upon this factor. Educating employees on saving paper is important but it would be misplaced solution for the situation at hand.

In OB we have studied "Defence Mechanism". Destruction of tissue papers fall in the category of "Acting Out" or to certain extent in "Passive-aggressive Behaviour".

The incident could be pointer to the organisation's culture. Does Venkatesh's company has culture of ownership?

Generally behaviours of these types are exhibited by lower rung of employees. Therefore, Venkatesh can keep watch on these employees. He can keep records of the consumption of tissue paper. By chance if the consumption restores back to the normal level then he can check who was on leave on that day. This way he can zero in on the culprits. A thought had crossed my mind to suggest to install CCTV cameras in the toilets however, it is too costly solution. Generally we keep dog as pet to safeguard our house. Installation of CCTV cameras in the toilet would tantamount to keeping tiger as pet to guard the dog!

Ok...

Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
mamta kumari

Dear Dinesh Sir,
I have seen your valuable comments on use of tissue paper.
I would like to know more about these small small initiatives which increase employee productivity (in some how) & reduce company cost, directly focus on comapny objective,
sir, i have started sending
1. Thought for the day daily to all employees
2. Sharing some good articles time to time
3. Inspirational & motivational paper printout on glass,
4. Checklist for washroom
5. Checklist for house keeping
please guide me,

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Mamta,

The initiatives that you have mentioned are good for a person who is level-headed. But what about the woolly-headed? Here the case is of one oddball or few disgruntled employees. What is happening in this case is wilful destruction of the company property. Though the company property is not that costly, the psychology of that person is quite evident. Your sane thoughts, I doubt, will create any impact on this unscrupulous employee .

Have you checked my second comment for this post? I have tried to bring out distinction between disgruntled employee and general concern about environmental issues. Issue at hand has to be seen in right perspective and that is what many members who replied this post have failed to do so!

Anyway thanks for addressing your post specifically to me.

Dinesh V Divekar

Dear Dinesh Sir,

I have seen your valuable comments on use of tissue paper.

I would like to know more about these small small initiatives which increase employee productivity (in some how) & reduce company cost, directly focus on comapny objective,

sir, i have started sending

1. Thought for the day daily to all employees

2. Sharing some good articles time to time

3. Inspirational & motivational paper printout on glass,

4. Checklist for washroom

5. Checklist for house keeping

please guide me,

From India, Bangalore
varagantimadhu@yahoo.co.in

Please install automatic hot air blowers to resolve this issue. So that you can cut recurring cost.
From India, Vijayawada
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.