No Tags Found!

rahul-raj1
I am a banker and suspended from my job since July 27th 2022 due to fraud in bank personal loan taken by customers. Internal enquiry is under process. I m not getting proper salary and it's very worst time in terms of monetary gain. Can I resign between internal investigation. Bank has also filed FIR against customers. Kindly guide.
From India, Mumbai
aussiejohn

It may be pointless resigning as you would be unlikely to get another job easily with this matter in hand.

You don't tell us if you did not commit fraud against your employer. If you didn't then an investigation may prove you innocent, which is the outcome you need to be working towards. Attempting to resign during an investigation could imply guilt in some people's minds, and that is something you need to avoid if you are to salvage your future career.

The only people who can help you are your employers. None of us work for your bank, so we have no idea what is in the management's mind on this matter. Your first action is to initiate a discussion with senior management since you are still employed and being paid. I suspect you would have been fired instantly if there was no doubt in anyone's mind about your part in this sorry episode.

From Australia, Melbourne
KK!HR

While the investigation is under progress and you have been suspended from service, no bank in the public sector would accept your resignation. This looks like a bit long drawn process and you have to endure it. While under suspension you are entitled to the full subsistence allowance and any shortage in it has been held to adversely affect your defence. So you should raise serious objections on the delay or short payment received as per the Bank Rules. Banks are known to have very powerful unions and very knowledgeable leaders, you may take their help.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.