Gurpreet84
Hello Everyone,
In last few months, I have seen quite a few attrition in my team. Though we have been doing different things along with the routine job to keep our people motivated but things are not turning out to be positive.
Can anyone suggest/help me with a tracker or a tool which might be helpful to figure out the reason behind the attrition & just work on those rather working on everything.
Waiting for your valuable suggestions.
Regards
Gurpreet

From India, New Delhi
tajsateesh

Hello Gurpreet,
What's your industry/sector?
The reasons for attrition vary from industry to industry.
Also, pl give more details like:
1] In which level are you finding higher attrition?
2] Can you elaborate "we have been doing different things along with the routine job to keep our people motivated......"?
3] Has any analysis/effort been done so far to figure-out the reason(s)?
And, pl note that attrition is the end-result of faulty/inadequate PROCESSES rather than a one-off or multiple situation(s) that can be handled via any tool. At best, you get closer to the reasons, but not the solutions. Keeping a watch over attrition is a continuous affair for sure.
Attrition is also quite often attributable to the Company culture....or the lack of it.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Gurpreet84
Thanks for the prompt reply !
Will try to answer your questions with some details.
I'm from a BPO/KPO industry.
Attrited folks are either at team member or team developer levels
The efforts like engagement activities, fun activities, soft skill training, cross functional trainings are being done currently to keep folks motivated & engaged.
Slow growth, work pressure & skill mapping could be the potential reasons of high attrition.
As m not the decision maker, so trying to get sort of a tool or a tracker which will help me to plot the competencies with these reasons in mind to figure out the main problem (like a pareto) & attack those first to have a quick fix. Along with it, we can keep working on other factors to improve things.
Hope this works !
Regards

From India, New Delhi
ravind7@gmail.com

Dear Gupreet
You may try the fish bone theory to identify the problems and find a suitable countermeasure.
below is the link that will be very useful.
Fishbone Diagram (Ishikawa) - Cause & Effect Diagram | ASQ

From Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
rrajasekaran

Hi
Firstly you do exit interview if possible. You can also do climate survey once in a year to know the pulse of the people
This will definitely give you some points so that you can take action accordingly

From India, Chennai
rdsyadav

Dear Gurpreet,
It appears that Exit interview as a tool has not been tracked and analysed for reasons of exit.
Pl.make this mandatory for your level of people to Head of your organization and institutionalize this as a System of Exit Interview with concern to create widely awareness that reasons spotted out of left employees are precisely more correct symptoms . Second step is to prioritize and act in the right earnest.Climate Survey will not give you a practical solution at this point.
Best regds,
RDS Yadav
Director-Future Instt of Engg and Management Technology
Labour Law Adviser

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.