catch.saptarshi
hi Joe !!
what you said is a bare fact!! i face the same problem regularly !! i tell you HR & Admin. job requires the 'specific skill' degree(ie MBA) & experience as well. i guess, a guy 'ving 2 yrs of work ex. along with his DL MBA degree is equivalent to a normal MBA without any work ex. its 'sincerity' & 'scalability'of a candidate towards his work......is what I find ....really matters while selecting a HR candidate.:idea:
thanx
saptarshi dasgupta

From India, Calcutta
k packiarajan
Dear Joe,
This was also happened in my career. Some industries rejected me due to want of full time course. But medium sized industries definitely accept part time and DLP qualifiers and also they very much expect experience. So, don't worry. Pl. prefer medium sized industries.
Thanks &Rdgs,
K. Packiarajan

From India, Madras
nayak.sangita
Hands-on experience from a reputed organisation is appreciated by most companies. However, it is always an add-on to have a Full time degree.
It is passion, talent, creativity, innovation and hardwork that is required to be an HR professional. If you have these quality in you, then degree doesn't matter.... be it full time / part time / distance learning...
My two cents!!!

From India, Bangalore
hiral
Hi friends,
Really many thanks to Joe for raising this issue. After reading the views of my citehr friends i am in a big confusion as i was suppose to join Part time MBA from ICFAI institute which is going to start very soon so now i m really confused whether i shud go for it or no......... if the companies r really not looking out for part time MBA's then i wud prefer to collect work experience rather then spending so much money on part time MBA.........
So please friends help me in giving your valuable suggestions as the admission dates are very near ...........i will really appreciate your contribution.....

From India, Gurgaon
Anonymous
Hi Joe,
I am agree with you to some extent, but on the other hand, people from different streams are also finding it difficult to get the entry in good organisation, while they are having full time degree.
In my opinoin - the things which really mater i.e. potential, if you are having that kind of caliber and potential, definitely you will get the job.
Best of Luck.
Rgds,
Kishor Manori

From India, Delhi
Anu_Hr

Guys,
I completely agree with you....
I too started without any degree, but then decided to go for a DLP.
I found it very difficult to find a job in a decent company.
As for now, i am in a much better position, after struggling for 2 years.
And you wont believe, but i have seen people with out a full degree, doing a very good job, working hard in comparision to the full time Hr's
They want to work from the scratch and so get a assistant on contract basis...and literally slog them.
Believe me, i have seen that at several places.....felt bad to see that
Regards,
Anu

From India, Pune
asific
Dear Concern,
EMBA do have more value than DLP.
For details of EMBA offered from Manipal University please visit www.corporateprograms.manipal.edu
Regards,

From India, Mumbai
bhavanikumarm

I am very shocked, because I have just joined MBA - HR in DLP from MK University. Please suggest me what to do.....
From India, Bangalore
akverma1973

Dear Joe, Part time courses are also valid but during initial phase one may have some problems if you have rich experience in some reputed organization there is no issue at all. Thanks, Ajay Verma
From India, Delhi
sanjib_datta2nov

Yes, u r right. Even I also faced the same problem in the initial years of my career. But after 2-3 years of working experience in the relevant field, this barrier will dissolve automatically.
Sanjib Datta

From India, Bhubaneswar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.