Anonymous
I received a call from one of the bosses who used inappropriate language and offensive words, stating, "You don't have the right to ask me questions." How can I take legal action in response to this situation?
From India, Kochi
Anonymous
He told" You don’t have the fucking rights to ask me this", while I have the legal rights. He called me on the phone and I have the record of this.
From India, Kochi
raghunath_bv

Hi,
Here are some general steps you might consider:

Document the Incident:
Ensure you have a clear and accurate record of the conversation. If you have a recording, keep a copy of it. Make note of the date, time, and any other relevant details.

Review Company Policies:
Check your company's policies regarding workplace behaviour and harassment. This information may guide your understanding of what is considered inappropriate and how your company addresses such situations.

Speak with HR:
Report the incident to your Human Resources (HR) department. Provide them with the evidence you have, and explain how the behavior made you feel uncomfortable or harassed. They may guide you through the company's internal processes for addressing such matters.

Consult Legal Advice:
If you are not satisfied with the resolution from your HR department or if you believe the matter is not being adequately addressed, you may want to consult with an employment lawyer. They can provide legal advice based on the specific laws and regulations in your jurisdiction.

File a Complaint:
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have the option to file a complaint with a government agency responsible for labor or workplace issues. Your lawyer can advise you on whether this is a viable option in your case.

Consider Mediation:
In some cases, mediation may be an option to resolve the issue without going through a formal legal process. This involves a neutral third party facilitating a discussion between you and the other party to find a resolution.

Keep a Record:
Throughout the process, keep detailed records of all communications and actions related to the incident. This can be useful in case you need to escalate the matter or if legal action becomes necessary.laws regarding workplace harassment and inappropriate behaviour .

Thanks,

From India, Bangalore
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

What was the exact context behind your conversation with your Boss ?

What was the question raised by you and the tone used everything counts.

Agree with you that it is inappropriate and not in good taste. At times in a moment of Anger many tend to lose temper.

But if you take hospitality industry especially Hotel sectors, it is very common such filthy languages are used casually. Over there generally no body take it very seriously.

Probably during a free time explain your Boss in a kind and respectful manner that his/her choice of words is not good in taste.

In case of repetition you may use whistleblowing tactics.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.