tejasr1
HR =Human Resource.
We as corporate individuals cannot think like people from other departments.
Thats why we are HR.
Other dept employees might suggest issuing warning letters,informing family etc.However, this is a very personal attack & a non corporate approach.
Its all about understanding the human mind.The lady mentioned here is a thorough sincere towards her work,ready for extra work pressure. She spends a lot of time at work ...maybe more than what she spends at home.She cant be PERFECT. she needs to be told positively that her behaviour is affecting her own performance n image in the organization & further polluting the environment.Such a hard working woman will never do such a thing deliberately.
Reputation is something every woman treasures & am sure she would get the message.
Such situations are meant to be handled senstitively.

From India, Mumbai
baijupn
Dear Sari
In this modern work culture these things are very common. Every human being has a hidden personality. No one will ever reveal this to any one till his/her death. As Hr Manager, you can call her, very confidentially, tell her that such a gossip is going on in the office, which is harmful to the organisation as well as to her personal life, if it is true. So she must be careful and if not you will be compelled to take some drastic actions, including termination of service, against her and the other gay.
All these with concrete evidence only, because the basic human nature of spreading scandals, especially of pretty young ladies. So be careful before you act.
Baiju

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
AnsaAleg
Why is it that only the female in this 'Office' affair gets ostrasized. Is the male INNOCENT ?????? If he knows she is married why is he persuing her? Call BOTH of them in and find a solution.
From Spain, Palma
opray

if affairs from both side ,
Unless violation of any law , system,code of conduct or rules of company.
Disciplinary action not possible for these type of affairs.
Always see provisions and law before taking any disciplinary action .
regards
opray

From India
supriyacbanerji
Dear Sari,
You are right...I believe you are in HR... and you know when any new persons join all other people try to utilise the innosense of the new comer...
As HR, if anybody says anything against her to you, pls tell them that you can only take some action when u will get in writing........ 2nd step, call both the persons.. separately, try to understand the truth...issue warning letter if you r not satisfied with their ansers... and lastly you discuss the matter with your higher authority transfer them from the same dept.... if possible transfer from the same location.... sacking is the last resorts...
Hope, u will understand the problem with apathically... as u r a HR person..
Thanks & regards,
Supriya

From India, Calcutta
supriyacbanerji
Dear Sari,
Its true that Extra Maritial affairs is very bad irrespective of in any place. But as a HR u should be very careful... pls mind the following :
1. you should undersand that the new comer alwyas been ragged by the old employee........ so put your judgement.
2, Asl those employees to complain in writing
3. call both the persons and try to understand the true fact. If u r not satisfy with their answers then issue a warning letter.... or you may do 1 thing that u can transfer either one from the same dept. even the location.. discuss the matter with your management.... Infatuation u cant stop, but ofcourse you can manage the situation with more maturity.... HR is not for firing the people.
Hope, you will agree with me...
Thanks and regards
Supriya
Manager - HR & IR

From India, Calcutta
Sari

Thank you all for sparing your valuable time and matured replies, which helped me have a different perspective of the situation, as few of our seniors suggested i donot want to jump into conclusion without proof, also keeping their performance into picture.
As Mr. Gagan said this definitely a situation which needs to be handled carefully.........as we donot know other side of the issue.. if i get a chance as i know her being from the same colony...i shall definitely like to counsel her personally..............
Thank you one and all..........

From India, Hyderabad
archu1983
Hi,
That was a very sensible answer you gave .... people should think before they comment on anybody without understanding the situation and circumstances ... its nice to know that there are some sensible people around :)
Archana

From India, Bangalore
shreekant.rathore
Dear all,
counsell, ask her what she finally wants, do that for her, no-one is guilty if she is innocent even not she is, these are circumstances at all by which sometime someone goes on wrong way, bring them on normal path saving their dignity. Save everybody's personal life, married life, professional life, official reputation, that will be best for her.
Thanks
shri

From India, Dehra Dun
s.rikanth
Whats bothering you from their affair. If it really looks bad in the sense spoils the work environment,then only you have to worry abt that. Take it easy Be professional. dont get into personal matters of others.
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.