No Tags Found!

Ntando
Hi Suki
you can retain this employee if he/she has a marked degree of self awareness and can modify his behavior he should not be ruled out. His/her attitude can be dealt with using the code of conduct. Also a supportive manager will assist in changing the attitude or councelling.
Kindly assist me in developing a Human Capital Development Strategy. My company is more of a research and development in minerals. What should be the strategic issues for human capital development.
thanks
Ntando.

From South Africa, Johannesburg
thinksriniii
Last time i forgot mention a point...
How you came to a conclusion "he has a negative attitude".? That is really important. I reckon this was just a feedback from a supervisor. Please clarify whether it was from the supervisor or from his peers.. I mean the team with which he/she has worked. This is a easy game played by managers and supervisors in many organizations. Simple for them to say "one has a very bad attitude.. or negative attitude (in your word)". I am ready to play the devil's advocate!:lol:
Thanks

From India, Madras
satyavan
Dear Suki,
Have a participatory,conclusive discussions with your very good and productive hands in soft and respectful tone ensuring that time constraint and other disturbances does not crept up during communication . Inform the result.
Regards.

Satyavan.

From India, Delhi
Kirti Agarwal
hi suki,
As an HR person one cannot afford to lose an employee who is addin to the productivity of the company. On the other hand his/her negative attitude may be a dampener, therefore the best way out is to first counsel him/her and then probably you can also arrange for the particular employee behavioural/attitudinal workshops etc.

From India, Calcutta
rshankarrao2001
In a company we need both people with good & bad attitude, then only we will be able to understand what is good & what is bad. It is a learning to the management on how to handle with bad attitude.
As according to the Newtons Third Law Of Motion : For every action there is opposite and equal reaction. In the same way we have to challange him/ her to be more bad & inturn rather being bad he becomes good.
Great changes won't come in the company with too many good peopke it comes through bad & keep the continious thirst of searching bad in the company to make company big.

From India, Hyderabad
Prajwal P
hai. As HR person we cannot loose the employee who is productive to the company plan some training program for him to change his attitude in such a way that it will help both .
From India, Bangalore
abhi1212happy
Dear suki,
According to me, termination is best option. Because if any employee have negative attitude then it definitely affect attitude of other employees. We can't tolerate negativity only because of his efficiency. According to me Behavioural Training is wasting of time and money, may other employees starts changing his attitude after seen special attention to that particular employee.
We all know a sweet saying that “A Rotan Apple spoils all fresh apples in a basket"
So it’s better to throw out that Rotan apple and forget about efficient employees, world is full of good and efficient employees.
All the best
Abhishek

From India, Jamnagar
suki.suman@gmail.com

Sorry....I mean to say his attitude in previous companies....related to career not related to family background
From India, Bangalore
vincentnp
A worker cannot be called as productive if he spolis the environment. As an individual he might be propsering and the cancerous development will kill the organisation. It is high time the individual is counselled to behave and change his attitude towards his colleagues or there can be conflicts that can never be resolve.

vinodji

Let me share what I have with me.
There was a case similar to the above in my factory. my encounter was with two persons who are extreamly opposite in character and output. One is a high yealding worker with a negative attitude and other with a pleasing character and low productivity.
I summoned both of them to my office for a talk.
I told them what i have studied upon and instructed them to mutually correct the faults in their character and report me after a month.
my aspiration was ; both of them will get better or both of them will get worse.
Later I have called some of their friends to my office and disclosed them my aspirations and even said "I never mind throwing out both"
To my excitement, both of them have come out with excelent results and nowadays they are my reliable trouble shooters...in production and in workmen dealings..
It is not necessary this will work everywhere.. but lets try...

From India, Surat
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.