No Tags Found!

adinath316
Hi Suki,

When employee is positive in work, giving good result and negative in attitude. My suggestion is to find your companies surrounding first. Problem arise due to political atmosphere in the Company. Every one want to rule junior that keep in mind. Friendly atmospheres give better result.

Problem arise and some solution.

1) May be his senior want to control him without any reason OR with little reason to show his superiority and power in the company. So he start same behavior to his junior.

2) May be he is tense due to his family problem. If its so then it is out of your control, advise him to put all out while entering the company and ask his collogue to take care during his tense period and keep matter secret.

3) But my experience says that development is 100% from company side. (May be I am wrong in your case)

4) Either Companies MD directly involve in the matter and doesn’t cope up with his way of working and afraid of his future demand. So MD start extreme control. Which leads in negative attitude of employee. Here you too not aware as a HR.

5) Person is workaholic and their collogues is not ready to complete his work demand. Then disappointment starts.

6) Call him at free office time and discuss his problem And OR problem create due to his attitude in the company, he will talk too much if he is not satisfied with any. Try to get some important point out of that discussion and note it down immediately. Come to a conclusion.

7) If MD is involve ask him to resign with in appropriate time for the sake of Company as well as his own. Because BOSS is always right see rule book.

8) Clear matter before he planned and find other Job and kick your company at serious stage.

9) If some senior is involve then put matter in management meeting to get better solution.

10) If any one continuously ruling then send written memo personally without hesitation.

11) It is my suggestion to try to avoid political atmosphere in the company.

All are good if surrounding is good.

With Warm Regards,

Deepak J Shah

From India, Mumbai
jganeshmcc
hello
In many compnies they follow the HOT STOVE procedure i.e even though the employee is more productive but beacuse of him other work and employees must not get affected so its an suggestion that u give couensilling if the person didnt come around then its fine make ready another person for that particular designation and terminate or suspend him.

From India, Madras
naveenpankaj
Hi Suki,
I fully agree with what Chum has told.
If his behaviour is concerned to a particular person or group you may try to find the reasons behind this and there are more chances of resolving. The reasons may be the person himself or on the contrary the group or the individual may be provoking him. But if his behaviour towards everybody is the same then I think he needs a serious Counsel him. So first try to understand him by personally having a chat with him.
If you still feel that he has not even tried to change a bit then you can go on with the steps 2,3 & 4 as said by CHum. I suppose at some stage he will realise that he has to change for good & that is true.
All the best, Byeeee

From India, Bangalore
sfmak
Hi Suki,
This is not uncommon issue and i believe it does happen in most organisation. Productive employees is important to the overall performance of the company but an employee can work, communicate and promote teamwork play an even more important role to the success of the company.
I agree with vipla,
1. Give a positive counseling to that person and highlight the achievements and appreciate the ways he/she has increased the company productivity.
2. Avoid critism on his/her shortcoming and give a brief of what is being expected from him/her. Encourage him to work on his strength and improve on him shortcoming.
3. Arrange some behavioral workshop and team building programme as this may help to improve his/her attitude and working with others.
4. Set a date to review his/her progress
If an employee attitude can't be changed and bring more damage to the work environment then you have to consider terminate that employee as a last step of the HR process.

From Brunei Darussalam, Bandar Seri Begawan
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear all

Everyone has given good opinion and solutions.

But I am struck by thinksreeniii's remarks :

"And by the way i dont understand "Negative attitude" if you know what i mean!!"

As I was going through the posts, I too was stumped by this question.

It is better to get the basics straight.

Dear Suki, can you explain what do you mean exactly by attitude ?

He "is very good at work and is a productive to the company.."

How did you "see" his attitude ?

Did you use any attitude-measuring tools ??

When you say, "but when comes to his back ground and ATTITUDE is not at all GOOD... has a NEGATIVE ATTITUDE towards other employees..."; you are linking background with attitude.

I think it signifies "your" attitude towards people who come from backgrounds which may be inferior to yours in terms of economy, location, education etc.

Dear, I can give you the names of thousands of great personalities across the world who came from under-privileged backgrounds beginning with Abraham Lincoln to APJ Abdul Kalam, and nobody can say, their attitude was negative because of their background.

I guess what you mean is his certain "behaviours" (which are manifestations of attitude) may not have appealed to you. If you could furnish few such instances of his behaviour, members can objectively assess the situation.

Secondly, may be you are committing some "perceptual errors" in evaluating him in your own way. e.g. A person who does not wish you Good Morning may be having "negative attitude" according to you.

At best, I surmise that the person may be having a sense of pride in his work, to an extent, that it is viewed negatively by others.

Since he is very good and productive for the company, you have to do your best to retain him (members have already suggested ways like counselling etc.)

If he is a "star performer" (according to you), then may be he is having "starry tantrums" which you are not able to digest.

Hope you'll take the above in a "positive" spirit !!!!

Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
manick402

HR role plays more in this .
1. Keep some changes as he likes first in his work areas .
2. Show him the faces of other negative attitude people who is no where near to the professional growth and create a one neagtive attitude to work close with him to identify waht exactley he wants .
3. Effect the changes in other dept areas where he may be really needed .
4. Make him more responsible and arrange get together with his area colleagues outside the work areas to make them waive off misunderstanding by attending subordinate marriages , party function .
5. Make him to give lecture about communication skills to his team members and teh aprt of his organisation .

In simple make him more accounatble and repsectable . Things will change easily . Organisation needs to be flexible. Its like if our country gets rough neagtive attitide with neighbour , the country dont just termiante the realtion , but prolong for dialogue to improve thru variosu process . Similarly HR just shouldnot throw out humam , but by cosnsitent dialogue and collective particiapation , the neagtive attitide will improve.

Thanx
T.Manick

From India, Madras
Ash Mathew

Suki - you there? Kindly clarify with everyone in citehr. I assumed background means : previous career examples & NOT family background ;-) OMG LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
From India, Madras
Sujata Sharma
Hi,
We are also having one person in our company who is very immotional type but good operator (he know all in and out) the problem which we are facing is he can't accept his failueres like if somebody tell him about his process rejection he start hating that person, if we counsel than he gets irriatated and start lowering the production. Also he don't trained persons on the process (as process is man skill dependent). We have heared that one time his parents scolded him then he has not gone to his house for eight years.
we don't want to lose him and want to change him also. pl suggest if any one has any solution to this problem.

From India, Vijayawada
rakeshkashyap
Hi Suki,
Can you explain that what type of negative attitude he/she bears?. Please give only one example. If you can prove and show; than after that you can proceed.If an employee is very much productive and very good at work than how.................... please explain....
Rgds,
Rakesh kashyap

sarvesh1010
Dear suki,
you can define private sector in a single word that is performance,and everybody wants performer in his team.But on what wearth---
Kick him out immediately ,before he damage all the system,if u hv 2 choose one thing in Discipline or sale go for discipline as because sale comes when you ve belief in the system.
Sarvesh

From India, Bhopal
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.