ramu_2882
Hai Friends,

just read you all find some where this young one is also in you.
young man was getting ready to graduate college. For
many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's
showroom, and knowing his father could well afford it, he told
him that was all he wanted.

As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited
signs that his father had purchased the car. Finally, on the
morning of his graduation his father called him into his private
study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine
son, and told him how much he loved him. He handed his son
a beautiful wrapped gift box.

Curious, but somewhat disappointed the young man
opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible. Angrily,
he raised his voice at his father and said, "With all your money you
give me a Bible?" and stormed out of the house, leaving the holy
book.

Many years passed and the young man was very successful in
business.
He had a beautiful home and wonderful family, but realized his
father was very old, and thought perhaps he should go to him. He
had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make
arrangements, he received a telegram telling him his father had
passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son. He
needed to come home immediately and take care things.
When he arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness and
regret filled his heart.

He began to search his father's important papers and
saw the still new Bible, just as he had left it years ago. With
tears, he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. As he
read those words, a car key dropped from an envelope
taped behind the Bible.
It had a tag with the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the
sports car he had desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation,
and the words...PAID IN FULL.

How many times do we miss God's blessings because they are not
packaged as we expected?
Regards
Ramu

From India, Madras
Gaurav Sareen

You know each time i read that story in chicken soup series and other similar books it gives me goose bumps. Each time I am transfixed as if I have never read it. The lesson is absolutely timeless. But, I believe it is even more relevant in today's age where instant gratification and instant success are the fad hot on the tails of fast food, cars, partners etc...

I would suggest read this story, close one's eyes for 5 minutes & reflect how many times just in 1 single day we commit the exact same error with those we love, work or live with. May not always be in context of material gifts (eg a car), but usually in relation to conversations. How many times in a day do we cut short people's sentences or conversations only to realise later that it was in our best interest for the conversation to continue.

Hence my suggestion to completely internalise the simplicity of such stories because they hold the key to significant issues a lot of us face, especially in the highly charged and competitive corporate environment.

Fantastic posting. You made my morning!

Thank you!!!

From India, Gurgaon
tajsateesh

Hello Ramu,
Very true.
But the irony of human nature is such that the lesson stays only for awhile & then it's back to the old lop-sided way of understanding HIS ways.
Wonder if there's some way to keep this aspect of HIS in our heads permanently.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
kvsr220861
Dear Ramu The story is very nicely presented and it is one all should know how an angry kills our wisdom even blood relations. keep posting such value based stories . regards subbarao 9703918102
From India, Adilabad
padmaprana
Reg: Story for life It was awesome story! As we all need to learn about.....bcoz we doesn’t know how god is going to give us??? but we should accept all the way it comes..... Thanks Padmaja
From India, Hyderabad
jayantkumar19
In professional journey we miss and commit such thing in transaction which leads to big loss but such a wonderful story will realy help every one to to shape our commincation and value relation.
Wonderful story , thank u for posting such story which imapcts and redirect our behaviour .Deeply appreciate value of relationship.
Thnks & Regds
JK

From India, New Delhi
rdssastry

it is a good story and inspiration to young people, and note that father/mother how much interest show on their children. and in sometimes they are ready to give their full life.
young generation should understood the same.

From India, Hyderabad
HR-Hydera
Dear Ramu Greetings!!! This Story teach us to keep patience & avoid regrets. Thanx & keep on posting such a beautiful lessons. Regards, Rajan Singh HR
From India, Hyderabad
nnehawork19@gmail.com
Very true and ironical story................It teaches that once mistake made is never reconciled..............it remains a mistake for a lifetime..............nice story Regards, Neha
From India, Gurgaon
Rolloingstone
dear friend,
Very nice story my friend, these stories help us to develop rational thinking. please post such kind of stories. if you dont mind . i have a small request. please mention the sources which you referred for your stories in present and future also. so that others may get benefitted out of this. let us all welcome transperency in our deeds.
pavan

From India, Kakinada
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.