smitha-ganiga
1) This question is in regard to the Maternity Leave policy.
We are a startup based down in Mumbai, under Maharashtra governance. We are just 10-12 employees working as of now among which 8 are female.
So being an HR, I'm entitled to frame the leave policy. So for startups is it mandated to include maternity leave?

Looking forward to all the guidelines and help.
Thanks!

From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Yes Maternity leave being statutory one, you need to include it in the leave policy. For employees who are covered under ESI , they need to apply for maternity benefit through ESI>
From India, Madras
alok-singh1

Dear Smitha,
Yes Applicable,
V.M.Lakshminarayanan Sir is right.
Eligibility of maternity leave- A woman must have been working as an employee in an establishment for a period of at least 80 days in the past 12 months.

Anita Pereira

Respected Sir/Colleagues,

One of our employee is eligible for maternity benefit. i believe the maternity leave benefit is extended to 26 weeks, in this regards, Can anyone share updated Maternity leave Policy in the state of Maharashtra.

Thanks in advance.
Anita Pereira
HR

From India, Mumbai
smitha-ganiga
Thank you ! Will keep that in mind
From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi Anita, Please refer the attached file.
From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Maternity Benefit Amendment Act,2017 .pdf (187.7 KB, 27 views)

Anita Pereira

Thank you very much Mr. Lakshminarayan for sharing Maternity Benefit act.PDF
From India, Mumbai
preetha-v
Hi, I know maternity leave is 26 weeks. How is the maternity leave calculated? What are the things that are considered for maternity salary payment? Is full CTC included? Can someone share the calculation formula/steps for maternity salary
From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.