trisha1
I had absconded from a startup company after giving my resignation. After one month, I got an offer from another company. Still, after continuously asking for an experience letter, they didn't provide me, so I made a fake experience letter and submitted it to the new company ( but other documents are relevant), but during BGV they ( my previous employer ) mentioned that they would take legal action against me for the forgery. Still, I did not put any signatures on the letter or any company stamp.
Also, the letter pad is not current with the Company Act 2013. So please help me to get out of this situation 🙏

From India, Jaipur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

You had absconded from the past employer office without information is not right. To cover up the same you had submitted fake certificate which is also not right. Whether the letter pad is up to date or not .. it is the property of the Company, how you took possession of it without the knowledge of the Employer ? Never in your life do this.

Now just wait for your previous employer's next move. Mostly small companies might not pursue it legally and just for moral fear they might have mentioned so. Better wait and see.

Alternatively contact previous employer and submit apology for not reporting to office without information and also for submitting fake certificate.

From India, Madras
trisha1
But I haven’t make any signatures and stamp on it .
From India, Jaipur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Without signature /seal how come a experience letter will become valid? Primarily use of company letter head without the knowledge of employer is an offence and an act of forgery.
From India, Madras
rkn61

Hello

There are certain criteria which are to be followed by Employer & Employee, in an employment contract. You should have adhered to the separation clause in your appointment letter, which you have not done. You should have served the notice period. So like other employers, your employer also sat with your experience letter and other Settlement procedure.

You should have given a declaration in writing that you would be able to submit the experience certificate within 3-4 months. Your prospective company would have obliged. instead, your created your own experience certificate. This is viewed very seriously by your current employer and prospective employer.

So, we will not be able to see any way out,

From India, Aizawl
trisha1
It is not an issue with the current employer because I have already explained them my scenario and they are removing my previous experience.
But my question is that is it really a issue that i have not mentioned any name or signature/stamp on the letter pad and the letter pad which i have used does only contain the name of the company

From India, Jaipur
trisha1
Like the letter pad is not the same as company it only contain the name
From India, Jaipur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

You have used ex-employer's letter pad without their knowledge and submitted a experience certificate ( with signature or without signature /seal that doesn't matter) . You tried to present that you got relieved properly which is fake. When things are obviously ex-employer has the right initiate action. But as already stated just wait as at times they might ignore it.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.