No Tags Found!

mutlaqabraham

Hi Friends,
We're looking for simple ways to boost morale as we weather the recession. I'd like to start an "employee of the month" recognition program. Who should choose the employee: co-workers or management? Does anyone have tips on making this program successful?

Regards

Abraham

From Saudi Arabia
candyvn
This is a very interesting programe but it is not easy to process.
We are now planning for this but not finished yet.
However, as my experience and own point, there should be a Superior or Observor who keep eyes on employees' works.
Both co-workers and managers should corporate and discuss to choose the best one, but we can trust Observor.
If you have watched the film name The Employee of the Month, you would have learnt something from that movie.
I think you should find creterials for each department to appraise and consider because there are different targets in each department.
In general, these critarials can be applied for every department:
- Attendance (no late, no leave)
- Working attitude (n0 chatting, no private issue on working time)
- No mistake in month
- Help others and give Kaizen points to improve productivity
That's what I am having now. Not too much but hopefully it can help.
good luck and looking forward to hearing result from your programe.
Regards,
Quyen

From Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City
mutlaqabraham

I think, if citehr can make this website as pay site for servies then quality answers will start comming... Abraham
From Saudi Arabia
nashbramhall

HI Abraham,
How much are you prepared to pay for guiding you?
I have noticed that you have raised a number of questions, of late. You seem to have not searched the web, or citehr in particular, to see if you find the answers.
Best wishes
Simhan

From United Kingdom
rashidmusa

Dear Numberdar,
You must appreciate his idea.
Its good idea if you have pool of good HR experts and worth knowledgable who can provide technical answers.
Their consultany services in technical answers can generate revenue for citehr. Anybody can pay for such good consultancy services instead of posting garbeg coments by most of inexpereince people who most of them are not even certified and qualfied HR professonals.
Rashid

From Saudi Arabia
maliniluky

Hi Abraham,
As a part of employee recognition for the past 1year we give employee of the month award. We use the Peir reconition form to choose the employee. This form will be sent to the TL of each department every month end and finally depending on the comments HR will announce the employee of the month.
Am herewith attaching the forms for your reference. Hope this would be of some use to you.
This award is applicable for HR too and we use a different form for it. For HR this is done quarterly. The HR manager will decide on this.

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Peir Recognition Form.doc (31.0 KB, 2335 views)
File Type: doc HR Peir recognition form.doc (59.5 KB, 1412 views)

jkumarjk

Hi Abraham
We used to follow this practice. The measurement criteria was simple
a) We have laid the SLA's to the team members working in different teams
b) We have the KRA's set for each employee basing on the position which would be reviewed by the the Project Head on a monthly basis
c) Basing on the SLA's / KRA's, plus the customer feedback / peer comments, support extended by the employee to colleagues, contribution of ideas by the employee for organizational growth parameters we used to rate the employee
Using the above practices we used to decide on the employee of the month. Sometimes, it also used to happen that the same employee used to receive the award more than once. Then we use to give him a letter of appreciation and recommending him / her for advanced training program
Hope the inputs would be useful to you
Kumar

From India, Hyderabad
mnagar1
hi abraham,
I think it should be a consolidated way...bt if u really wnt 2 choose one...then let employees vote for each other...
u can mak it like a weekly program,were u can guaze on parameters like performance,peer relations etc...depending on ur domain of work...
this will enhance interaction n will boost the morale of employees as well....
Regards
manisha

From India, New Delhi
prasad p k

1 step: collect documents of the employee regarding his attendence and his certification courses if he has completed if any in the org.
2 step: collect feed back of that person from his dept head.
3 step: check his personal file regarding if any misconduct taken place on him ans any action taken by the management.i think these are the basic points to be considered. and to this add few more steps suggested by the HR Forum. Realy they all are there to provide u huge informtion and keep u going on.

From India
Revathi HR

Dear Mr.Abraham,
I request you to be clear with what you are asking. Because in one posting you supposedly mean to say that you want to quit your company. In other posting, you are asking how to deal with gossips and negative environment. Whereas, in another you are asking how to judge best employee. I am not criticizing you. I appreciate your initiatives. But pls do not jumble up with everything. First you can decide if you really want to continue in that company or not. And then you can plan about the initiatives.Meanwhile you can try to solve the existing issues, if any.
Also, this site contains a lot of hr stuff. You can search for any information required.Anyways we all there to help you. But it is not correct to say that if we get paid for postings then only we will help you.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.