No Tags Found!

kevinpeter720
Hi all, I am speaking behalf of my company. Our company is situated in Newmarket. We started this company 2 years back. Recently we got a report that one of our employee is working for another company also. At the time of his joining we clearly mentioned these things in the contract and he agreed to it. We made an inquiry regarding this and found it is true. Anyway company has decided to take action against him. Can any experienced lawyers tell me what kind of step we must follow in this situation. When compared to other cities the lawyers who provide employment law in Newmarket is really less, there is only few number of law firms in Newmarket like Monteith, Baker, Johnston & Doodnauth, that is why we asking this here, to get advice from experienced lawyers.
From Canada, Montreal
tajsateesh

Hello Kevinpeter,
Since you are located in Canada, suggest also look into Yellow Pages & the internet to get suitable lawyers near you--not sure how many members hail from Canada in this Forum.
However, reg the employee you referred to, it's a clear case firing.......since you seem to have the relevant paperwork in-place with the employee's signatures.
But, before you take that step, suggest check-out WHETHER he has done any damage to your Company's interests [like sharing of data, contacts, diversion of orders, etc]........quite often it happens that the line of business of the other Company is same/similar [else there doesn't seem to be any point for that company to hire this guy in the first place].
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.