Santanu Nandy
My basis salary is Rs.34000/- but my compary is deductinfg PF amount Rs.780/- insted of 12%. I want to understand the things.
From India, Bangalore
garima2281

The policy is either deduct 12% on basic of 6500 or basic of 34000, whichever the company follows.
From India, New Delhi
jiwan singh
As per pf law maximum sealing liability of pf deduction is on Rs6500/- so employer deducting on that.
From India, Delhi
abbasiti

Dear Santanu Reddy,
As per the EPF & Miscellaneous Act 1952, the ceiling limit of monthly salary is Rs. 6,500. Accordingly deduction of its 12%, i.e. Rs. 780 is statutory. Regarding the contribution on actual salary above ceiling limit is optional.
Abbas.P.S

From India, Bangalore
Jayshree K
dear santanu
The basic wage ceiling for deducting pf is Rs. 6500/- p m. (as per the Employees Provident Fund & Misc. Provisions Act 1952), if the basic is less than or equals to Rs. 6500/- then PF will be calculated @12% on actual basic if basic is more than Rs. 6500/- then company may deduct the pf @12% on Rs. 6500/-. It is optional on the part of company to deduct it on actual basic.
hope its clear.

From India, Hyderabad
sharma sunil

Dear Santanu,
I would like to inform you that as per PF Act 1952 the maximum ceiling of basic wages Rs. 6500/-, So your PF is calculating on Rs. 6500/-.
It will be completely depend upon employer if they want to calculate your pf deduction on Rs. 34000/- then they can but in this case the pension amount will be calculated on Rs. 6500/-that is Rs. 541/-and balance amount will be included in EPF...because in EPS nobody can contribute more then Rs. 541/-.
Hope your doubt will clear now, if anything remain just drop me a mail on
Thanks & Regards
Sunil Sharma

From India, New Delhi
kushalmahur@gmail.com

Dear Mr. Santanu,
According to PF act 1952, PF is mandatory for the employees whose basic salary is upto rupees 6,500. Your basic salary is rupees 34000 but your FP is calculaded on rupees 6500.
Kushal PS Mahur
Asst. Manager HR

From India, Delhi
Manwar Singh Bisht
It is depend on company i.e. they will deduct on full basic + DA. Otherwise As per the PF & Mis. Prov. Act Rs. 6500.00 is the cieling limit, so they are deducting 12% of your side on Rs. 6500.00.
From India, Delhi
Arun Dixit

Dear Mr. Nandy,
As per the provisions of Employees Provident Fund Act 1952, the deduction is made correctly on the ceiling limit i.e. considering the ceiling basic of Rs. 6,500/-, which seems to be ok. You (Employee) can, however, contribute at any higher % if you so wish, but for that you first have to apply to respective Regional Provident Fund Commissioner.
It is recommended, that investment in ones' Employees PF account is not only a safest investment but also can be thought of as a moderately yeilding one and subject to inclusion in Stadard deductions u/s 80 (C) of Income Tax Act as amended from time to time.
Thanks and regards,
arun dixit

francis.travasso
Hi Santanu,
As per PF law if your basic salary is above Rs.6,500/- than you are not eligible for PF deduction.
But since your company still wants to give you the benefit of PF, they have freezed your basic to Rs.6,500/- & deducted 12% on that Rs.780 which is absolutely correct.
Thanks
Francis

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.