Komal Pareek
Hello Members,

I am working with an IT/ITES/KPO Company as an Sr. HR Executive. Its not as big as a company but we have a strength of around 70-80 people.

We also have our Medical Transcription Unit under same roof.

The problem is that the employees who are working in our organisation are not so well educated and some of them just pretend not to be to create mischief in the office.

My main concern right now is, there are two washrooms in our office. One is for males and the other one is for females, and, its also mentioned on the doors of the respective restrooms. But the problem is that the male employees are intentionally using the females' washroom just to create nuisance at the workplace.

Now, I have tried to catch hold of few them doing this and have even tried to made them realise that this is the girls' washroom and you are not suppose to use it but all in vain.

Now being a female and also on a senior position, I cant directly pin-point them.

Please suggest me what I can do to prevent this as its unsafe on health point of view.

Looking forward for your kind suggestions.

Regards,

Komal

From India, Jaipur
ChaitaliS

Hi Komal,

You are having very wierd kind of problem in your company...Main reason behind the same is uneducated or less educated class of employees....But i guess this is the simple rule...Even a totally illeterate person also knows that toilet is always separate for Male & Female...as there is a pic on it...

As you have mentioned that you have caught many of them using ladies toilet but in vain...then i suggest take a harsh step now...This is one part of sexual harassment in the organisation...

Find out one person from your employees who can make other understood sensitivity of such issue.....or else as a final step deduct some particular amount from their salary if they do this kind of act..

We have to set example to make other realised their mistakes.......Take strict action the moment you see someone doing this kind of act...they might abuse you, as you are saying that they are uneducated........then TIT for TAT...you cant use abused language...but can reply in a professional manner.....with firm gestures...Use your body language.....

Regards,

Chaitali.....

From India, Vadodara
svsrana

Komal,
a) read sec 509 IPC...
b) WRAP higlights precisely the same circumstances.. make sexual harassment training mandatory for every joinee esp outsourceds staff like security housekeeping etc...
use vernacular language to make people understand in clear terms...
surya vrat

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.