Curious2know
Hi,
I have been working with this company for more than 3 years and recently I have put down the paper. The notice period is 2 months. Now I would really like to know, would it be ok to send an email to HR requesting for a date for F&F settlement.
Please let me know.
Thanks!!!

From India, undefined
nathrao

Has your resignation been accepted?
There is no harm to find out by when the company will complete FNF.
I am sure your company may already be having a set process for clearing employees who quit/resign etc.
You can smoothen the process by ensuring all company assets are handed over and acknowledgement taken in writing.
Clear o/s matters-audit,queries etc
Surrender your entry pass,vehicle pass/sticker,mobiles,laptop and so on.
Make a small but informative brief about any pending jobs etc.

From India, Pune
Curious2know
Hi,
I have put down the paper like 3 weeks back on the portal and the company has not accepted the resignation. I had a word the Manager and I have been informed that they will accept the resignation on the last day. I will be submitting everything that belongs to the company on the last day, but would it be ok to send an email to HR requesting for a date for F&F settlement at this point.
Please let me know.
Thanks!!!

From India, undefined
tajsateesh

Hello,
Such queries are BETTER asked verbally & F2F.
Putting things over mails is usually resorted to when the concerned person is busy & you have been waiting to meet him/her many times OR when you wish to put things in writing to create a written record expecting later problems.
You mentioned "I had a word the Manager and I have been informed that they will accept the resignation on the last day"--have you asked 'when' is the last day?
Many Companies have the 'last day' & F&F day separately......the F&F settlement day following a few weeks after getting relieved, especially in large Companies like your's.
Since you get to meet/interact with your Manager daily/regularly, it could be better to ask him about the 'normal' process for the F&F. You would then some indicative timelines.
All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Curious2know
Thanks Sateesh!!!

This company has a portal where I can login and put down the paper and the portal calculates 2 months notice period and displays the last working day. I am also sure that I will be completing the Full and final settlement on the last day, However the company has to also complete the full and final settlement in 45 days. The pay cycle of this company is 20th of every month and the salary is credited on the 1st of every month. Now lets say I have put down the paper on July 01, 2015. In this case the salary for July will be credited on August 01,2015. Now my last day being August 30, 2015. The salary for August will not be credited on September 01, 2015 because this will paid after the full and final settlement which is like 45 days. At this point I want to know if the f&f settlement will be completed on September 14 considering the 31 days in August which should be like 45 days OR does the company starts calculating 45 days from the last working day to complete the f&f settlement.

please let me know.

Thanks!!!

From India, undefined
tajsateesh

Hello,
When you have such streamlined processes, why are you so much concerned about WHEN the F&F will happen?
It's bound to happen, maybe a few days either way.
Any specific reason(s) for your concern(s)?
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
rani.smita12@gmail.com

Hi,
Acceptance of resignation from authorized person is must on any resignation, if there is a policy of serving and no other option like waiver of notice or salary adjustment in lieu of notice then wait for HR's reply on it otherwise it can lead to problem regarding your paper from the company.
Thanks,

From India, Delhi
Curious2know
Hi,
The notice period is fine, but the company is way too slow in completing the F&F settlement. So, employees have 2 months notice period and then another 2 months from the last day to complete the f&f settlement and then another week to get the experience letter. Is this normal?

From India, undefined
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.