worldgate kishore
Hi, I'm Kishore, we are having offices allover India. we supposed to declare holiday of General election, but for Mumbai, Karnataka & Kolkata is having election in different phase. So, I'm thinking not to close our offices and just give paid leave for the employees accordingly to their voting date's.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

From India , Madras
loginmiraclelogistics

Hi Kishore,
Election commission of respective states/state govts. issue appropriate notification to all establishments mentioning the dates which should declared paid holiday(s) in the respective constituencies. In the ensuing elections 2-3 phases of polling is taking place in some states. Therefore you are right if you would "declare paid holiday" to those offices on such days where/when polling is taking place. Granting "paid leave" to staff and not closing the office, in my view is not appropriate, as adhering to the "stipulation in letter & spirit' of the rule is better than inviting troubles later. Better follow the notifications issued by the EC of the respective jurisdiction strictly. For any violation might attract only a fine of Rs.500 or so which fact you shouldn't take it lightly or encourage you committing a default.

From India, Bangalore
R.N.Khola

Dear Member,
Plz go through the latest Circular dated 22.03,2019 ( copy attached) issued by the Election Commission of India relating to section 135B of Representation of Peoples Act, 1951 which clearly states that you are to close your establishment on the day of poll & thereafter if some of the employees remains there who are the voters of some other Constituency where polling is to be made on other date then you are to grant special Paid holiday to those employees. Plz see polling is in seven phases. Plz go through the circular & take decision accordingly.
R N KHOLA

From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Election Day_Paid Holiday_Notification-2019.pdf (1.14 MB, 291 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.