No Tags Found!

M.Felix.C

Hi,
Feel like a professional.
Terminating an employee for some reasons seems to be unprofessional for a HR.
We HRs should know to solve the problems , than getting rid of the problems.
Try to know the cause behind his mischief and counsell him.
HR should not take legal protection for pitty reasons.
HR plays a vital role not in taking legal issues but in staffing, counselling,motivating & showing ethical considerations.
I opine this is a petty issue, which is common in every industry.
Try to avoid this and be friendly to him .
Thank you
M.Felix.C

From India, Bangalore
shraddha nanavaty

i too agree with ryan and pradipta’s suggestion to ask the employee to resign on personal grounds instead of going thru the loooong time consuming process... shraddha
From India, Bangalore
r.vijey

Hi, I go with Felix. We can do some thing better than what has been done traditionally. Regards Vijayakumar
From India, Coimbatore
GoldenKnight

Shakila,
Sorry for the intervention.
As per my career experience, do not terminate any employee. Instead put more pressure on his job, give him more responsibilities. If he is capable, his attitude would surely change. Or he himself would leave the organisation.
Regards,
Gajendra.A.R.
Production Executive

From India, Madras
Avneet Behl

I too agree with Pradipta and Ryan. Legally we cannot terminate an employee before giving atleast 2 warnings to the person. We have had sufficient cases here in my organisation and what we try to emphasise is taking a resignation and releiving on the same day rather then letting it hang for so long which would have several implications besides wasting time and energy onto someone not so important for the company.
It could lead to negativity amongst the existing employees
It allows the defaulter to keep defaulting in the company while lookign for better prospects outside and the company will have to bear with a non productive employee.
It given ideas to others to follow the suit
Creats negative publicity for the company through word of mouth spread
Shows HR as a not so strong function.

From India, Gurgaon
Avneet Behl

I too agree with Pradipta and Ryan. Legally we cannot terminate an employee before giving atleast 2 warnings to the person. We have had sufficient cases here in my organisation and what we try to emphasise is taking a resignation and releiving on the same day rather then letting it hang for so long which would have several implications besides wasting time and energy onto someone not so important for the company.
It could lead to negativity amongst the existing employees
It allows the defaulter to keep defaulting in the company while lookign for better prospects outside and the company will have to bear with a non productive employee.
It given ideas to others to follow the suit
Creats negative publicity for the company through word of mouth spread
Shows HR as a not so strong function.
Regards
Avneet

From India, Gurgaon
jolly
HI You can terminate him on the Grounds of Indescipline, read that contract again there must be mentioned "incase of Indescipline or... the company can terminate your services" jolly
From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Sunila
Dear Shakila,
As the Terms of contract clearly depicits for one month notice period you can do so by providing valid reason. So follow the model disciplinary procedure for this.
Other method is resort to unethical practice by deliberately insulting and harassing him you can make him provacative and angry.

santosh verma

Hi Shakila,
This is precisely the same stuation I had faced as a HR of my company.
If you mention one month of notice period in your offer letter, you must adhere to it. Take it for sure that the employee will ask for one month of notice untill you have some strong reason to do so. Please dont find your self spellbound when the employee talks about the notice period in the offer letter. Learn a leson and be proactive in future.
Best regards,
Santosh Verma.

From India, Bangalore
santosh verma

Hi ,
You must warn him once before issuing a termination letter. If the termination is indespensible, you can rather ask the employee to give a termination letter before you terminate his service. You may tell nim/her that if he/she doesnot reseign, then after one month he would get a termination letter which has worst repercussions. To avoid that he must resign ASAP.
But then thats highly unethical.
Regards,
Santosh Verma.
(9886609605).

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.