gopan

Mr Peer MOhammed has given a link. Please go thro that and then discuss. You are discussing about calculation of leave enchashment amount , not about PL/EL. I have not come accross any such Supreme Court judgements that encashment is on Gross salary. The situation in Tamar &CO vs. employees way back in 1998 which paved way to Supreme court judgement in that case was due to consolidated salary payment from where all deductions were made and then calculated the amount for encashment. There SC stated gross salary to be taken for calculaton and not the NET salary. Generally for the purpose of encashment, Basic + Da is considered and not Gross. Further, eligible daysare calculated based on 30 days itself. Not 26 days, because leave is earned for number of days of attendance including off days, not on worked days.
Please refer Factories Act 1948 for clarity.
Regards
Gopan

From India, Kochi
vidu j
Hi Farah
It would be more convinient if one calculate EL/PL
Last month's basic salary
................................. * No. of days of actual PL balance.
comments are welcomed.
Regards
Vidushi Jaiswal
Aasma Consulting
<link no longer exists - removed>

From India, Delhi
priyangshu_dheeraj
Hi Everyone,
I have been following for a longer time regarding calculation of earned and casual leave? Hope co-operation from your end.
The main problem is that everyones opinion of the said topic differs, so I need an expert's opinion regarding the above subject.
Matter serious as I am facing a lot of problem.
regards,
Priyangshu Chakraborty
Bangalore.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.