No Tags Found!

scare_crow

DEAR ALL..... :?
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE FACT THAT...TILL DATE THERE IS NO CEO FROM OUR FIELD...DO WE STAGNATE AFTER BECOMING H.R MANAGER'S....OR COMPANIES TREAT US LIKE SUPPORT STAFF...LIKE OUR FUNCTION IS TREATED AS A SUPPORT FUNCTION...& NOT A DRIVING FUNCTION....DO YOU THINK WE ARE NOT CAPABLE OF BECOMING CEO'S....WHY IS THAT MARKETING & OPERATIONS TAKE AWAY ALL THE GLORY....AND WE ARE PULLED UP FOR ALL THE FAILURES......
PUT THE VIEWS ON THE BOARD....SO THAT WE ALL KNOW THE REASONS FOR THE ABOVE ISSUE......
REGARDS
VISHAL :?

From India, Mumbai
managehr

Another P which is practised by the sales and operations function is Perception and managing it.

How we project ourselves is how others perceive us.

This is normally ingrained in the work style and behaviour of a Sales person.

To be heard for the right things in the right circles is practised by individuals and nearer to perfection by good sales people. These people have realised that not only marketing or selling (no negative connotation) the product is important, but doing the same for yourself to the senior management is also essential to grow.

Everybody does it either consciously or without knowing it. When you want to get noticed, when you want a hike or a promotion we put in the effort.

The question may be - is the HR function ambitious? This boils down to the individual.

I am from the HR function and I know I will get there some day soon. Knowing this and believing in yourself is step one.

You can too - if you want to and play your cards well like the others do.

There are CEOs from HR side as well. I can dig out around 15 names from India alone. This was discussed in some yahoogroup earlier.

From India, Bangalore
vivek7c
Hi Vishal,
I know of one HR person who became a CEO of a BPO organisation. I'm sure there may be many more.
I think a major problem lies in the fact that most HR people are so passionate about their roles that they dont like to venture out into other functions so they end up becoming CEOs of HR Consultancy organisations. If a person spends most of his life in one role without exposure to other functions one cannot expect him or her to take on a different kind of role.
Regards,
Vivek.

scare_crow

DEAR VIVEK... :lol: I READILY AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT...WELCOME TO THE CLUB...CITEH.R REGARDS VISHAL 8)
From India, Mumbai
soms23

Hi Vishal,

From Personnel Mgt to HRM to HRD to Talent Management. To facilitate Talent Management the HR team is involved in Human Capital Accounting, contributing to the long term goals of the organisation, takes a key role in determining the ROI of the company and the list goes on.............

As the field evolves so do the HR Professionals. HR is involved in every gamet of business. The views of people about the HR community as such is changing now. HRs are accepted as the key people for the sucess of any organisation.

Earlier, most of the CEOs were chosen from the Marketing dept. because they are revenue generators. In a number of organisations, most of the faciliites are given to the marketing guys.

The HR dept is considered to be an expenditure to business. But many times people fail to realise that cost-cutting is also developed as a strategy here. If the HR dept does not use the available revenues strategically, the whole business becomes a mere funnel. Where the revenue generators goon filling and the other depts keep on draining it.

But now the whole senerio has changed. Equal importance is given to a HR in the organisation. If a company wants to grow and extend its wings in other locations, it is first the HR person who is considered. The HR person makes a survey of the place and learn about the availability of resource. It is also the HR person who is one of the first persons to go to the new location to set up the facilities and the resources there.

With such a growing importance to HR, there are high chances that HR personnel would become the CEOs of the organisation. Its just that the percentage is less so far.

Not necessary what has not happened so far would not happen in future. Let us all strive and make this community a proud place where people would love to be associated.....

Regards,

Soumya Shankar

From India, Bangalore
scare_crow

hi soumya,
normally organisations consider h.r as suuport function...h.r people have a vry small role to play in functional (reveneue generation) policy making, h.r people don not make business plans...., they do not bear the losses in business i.e mktg people get fired in case thy donot generate any revenue.....thus in mktg stakes are high whn compared to h.r. but as an h.r i hope to become ceo :lol: .., on serious note itz quite possible....
regards
vishal

From India, Mumbai
afolabi ajayi

Dear Colleagues,
Following the perception of Vivek on this on going topic-I think the HR practitioner should leave his/her "comfort zone" and venture into other areas of the firms business-such as marketing, finance, project management which eventually gives him/her a generalist background and can easily serve as a reason to contest the seat of the CEO whenever it is vacant.
I know that most times HR practitioners are better Marketing Executives hence they should once in a while try their hands on this-either as part-time or serve on such committees, contribute towards project/product development and also try as much as possible to be part of its implementation.
All these added to together plus the personal will/determination to succeed a HR practitioner can become the CEO of a given company.
Thanks.

From Nigeria, Lagos
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.