No Tags Found!

Anu7

Hi Shiva,
I think as per the Maternity Benefits Act, 1961, the eligibility is that the female employee should have worked in the organization for at least 80 days (and not 180 days) in the twelve months immediately preceding the date of her expected delivery. Could u clarify this? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Anu

From India, Pune
shiva_HRM

Hi Anu,
It's right, it is 80 days not 180 days. Where as leave policy (PL/EL, M eternity, Paternal, Adopt and ect ) shall be applicable to permanent employee not for trainee (on probation), contractual or consultants. In line to this, the normal probationary period would be 6 months that is 180 days, so a women employee must work for at least 180 days for the eligibility for maternity or miscarriage ...ect.
We have to be very cautious when we are documenting such policies as they may cost t0 the company.
Please clarify or correct me if Im on back path,
Regards,
Shiva

From India, Bangalore
Anu7

Yes shiva, I do agree with you. But if any such case happens where the female employee is bound to take leave during 6 month probation, it should be treated as a special case on humanitarian ground. what say?
From India, Pune
shiva_HRM

Yes Anu we can! But do you think investing 3 months salary, leave and empty time sheets on a new comer is a good practice? Regards, Shiva
From India, Bangalore
HR Delhi
hi Shiva,
How can we extend three months maternity leave to six months? Is there any notification from govt. on the basis of which can do so? I have seen several companies giving maternity leave for six months? On what basis they are giving?
HR

From India, Delhi
shiva_HRM

Dear Guest(HR),
No of leaves (any type like CL,PL,SL,EL, Maternity & miss carriage...Etc) are to the sole decision of the management. Th act and law says maternity leave is must. And, a women employee can avail miss carriage leave, adoption leave and health leave as well.
According to the act maternity leave is only 12 weeks. Can be extended depends on the management.
REgards,
Shiva

From India, Bangalore
shiva_HRM

Hi Anu, Dhanasekhar and Ambi, Please acknowledge if you have received the doc, And also requesting you to send the refinements. REgards, Shiva
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.