Narendra Raval

Dear Mr. Nair,
appreciate your point, but i have experienced in most of the cases it's "Boss & Reportee Relationship" except few "Mentor & Mentee Relationship". Average time (Years) spend together has significantly come down in today's dynamic situation. I being HR professional will not only facilitate but lead the process with keeping all concern in loop. We develop line managers to be the real HR managers but "Conflict of Interest" do exist there.

From India, Pune
psdhingra

Dear Priya,
The term "HR" is incomplete word. The full form should be HRM, i.e., "Human Resources Management" which includes Human Resources Development (HRD) as part of its reponsibility. HRD, as part of HRM, essentially consists of training & counselling.

From India, Delhi
psdhingra

Dear Narendra,
Conflict of interest is an integral part of the diverity of attitudes, perceptions, ethics & egos persisting amongst the various functionaries. That is an unavoidable part of the management, but right thinking & right approach of the management helps in subsiding such conflicts. For that patience, friendly attitude and persevenance of HR professionals is quite essential, not mere bossism.

From India, Delhi
psdhingra

Dear Priya,
Such type of people are not rare, but can often be found in any organisation. As per my practical experience, such employees mostly become the target of office politics and conspiracy by one or the other of his/her colleagues or superiors and would have earned discredit in spite of his talent, knowledge, efficiency and discipline out of some zealousy, revenge, etc., to get him ignored in career development programs or promotions.
So, better try to peep in to his mind if he has been made to bear with some great injustice in the hands of any of his superiors in the past.

From India, Delhi
NDivya

Hello, In context of Main question I would like to ask all, Is giving Motivational Lectur to Employees is also a part of HR Duties..? Please Note it is not written in my JD.
From India, Indore
rkn61

Giving motivational lecture is not a part of HR duty. However, HR can arrange In-house training for employees periodically, and arrange to impart training
on, say, for e.g. "Motivation",, "Time management" , "finance for non-finance department" , "personalty development", "communication skills"
"inter-personal relations", etc.etc.to employees concerned. But this too, HR should involve other Department managers, for his recommendation/
identification of Training Needs mentioned in their appraisal forms.
Thanks.
R K Nair

From India, Aizawl
saiconsult

Giving motivational training may not be part of a particular HR's job description,creating an environment that should motivate a disengaged employee will definitely part of Hr functions.
B.Saikumar
HR & Labour law Advisor

From India, Mumbai
D.GURUMURTHY

HR is a bridge between employee and employer. whatever the employee tells to you as grievance, you have to inform to the management and try to solve or have to give reply to him.
Similarly, if the management tells to you to counsel somebody about his work, and discipline, you have to call, educate/counsel such person or group. It is your duty.

From India, Hyderabad
pavansinghch@gmail.com

Hey Priya,
Counselling cant be done by everyone. if u think you can conduct the counselling session go ahead, When coming to that particular employee all you need to do his motivate(instead of making sessions on counselling) him in his respective job atleast bcoz of your motivation he might take initative to develop himself.
All the Best
Thanks
PS

From India, Chennai
rakeshkumarxyz3
Read your offer/ appointment letter carefully about it. As far as I know an HR is responsiblefor counselling only if s/he finds that employees are resigning the company at a constant rate. S/he needs to talk to the employee about any reasons/ situations in the office that may have lead them to leave the job.
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.