Sangeeta Debnath

Dear Seniors,

I am facing discrimination at my work by my Employer. I am working as a HR. If employee is facing some problem they will go to HR, but as a HR what should I do when my Employer(Managing Director) is humiliating me. Each and every time they will blame me as I am not localite. Their is localite discrimination in my company.

Company is a new venture. I am working as a HR. Reporting to managing director. When I joined they promised me so many things. But they are not fulfilling their promises. They offered me(verbally) more but giving salary less. They told me after completing 3 month provision period I can take 1 Day leave once in a month. In this month I took one leave as I had viral fever and cough. But next day I went to office for afraid of LOP. But I was not able to survive so they told me to leave office and take rest. I left office near about 12.30 PM. But they put absent for that day as well. When I asked them why is this. They told me there is no leave. I asked that I have completed my provision period. So I can take one day leave. But they just rudely tell me "There is no leave". Whenever I want to talk with him, always I used to get same answer "I have work now I will talk to you Latter" and that Latter never come. He just want to pointing me to out for a silly thing.

In may company there was 2 Director. But for some reason they fought and Mr. X resign from the Directorship. and MR. Y become managing director. So now I am reporting to MR. Y. and he is humiliating me. Somehow someone leaking to MR. X some confidential information about company. Now today That MR. Y asked me in this way(below conversation)----

MR. Y : Did MR. X called you any time?

Me: No he didn't call me.

MR. Y: Don't lie.

Me: Why should I lie? He never call me since I joined in this company.

I don't know why he is pointing me out when i didn't do anything. I am having nightmare that what he will say tomorrow about me, for what he will blame me. I was feeling cry. I never faced this kind of situation. I am not able to understand what should I do?

Please seniors help me out. As a HR I am facing this discrimination. What I can do against it. Please help me.

Regards

Sangeeta Debnath

From India, Bangalore
boss2966

Dear Sangeeta
First of all I would like to tell you that I was away for 2 days and I could not visit this site due to some personal work. Today Morning only I have seen your thread.
In this situation, you should not get emotion or more sensitive. Keep cool yourself. By seeing your coolness, obviously the other party will get nervousness.
Always whenever you get some offer, please make sure you get it in black and white and in case of verbal offer, it can be twisted or modified as per their will and wish. Further you try for some other opportunity and quit the organisation peacefully and with smiling face. Please tell a thanks to the Managing Director also for giving an opportunity to learn. If you want to do anything against the organisation, then further you will lose your peace of mind.

From India, Kumbakonam
jitendersyadav

Whatever Mr. Bhaskar advised, please follow & would like to add one more thing...i.e. be smart. If you can't be, it is very difficult to survive in any organisaion and after all you are the HR guy.
From India, New Delhi
Sangeeta Debnath

Dear Mr. Bhaskar Sir & Mr.Jitendersyadav Thanks for your suggestion. I am doing the same thing and side by side I am searching for a good opportunity. Thanks a lot
From India, Bangalore
Alphonse

Dear HR sangeeta Take things positively. The seniors were given good suggestion. If you want to continue please ignore this things. If you want to leave quite peacefully. regards Alphonse
From India, Madras
ghousep

HI Sangeeta,
Before you criticize your Manager, examine your own work and behavior. Try to look at your work habits from your boss' perspective. If you feel there can be an area for improvement, follow through. Then see if your boss' attitude improves.
Keep a positive attitude and do not avoid your boss. This may be very difficult step but it is critical to keep a positive attitude. Defying your boss will put you in a very bad position. Keep yourself visible to your boss and coworkers. Do not refuse legitimate work assignments.
Speak to your boss and know your rights.
Regards

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.