View Poll Results: Notice period is required in probation period ?
Yes 12 48.00%
No 13 52.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

hiteshr9
Dear Sis/Madam,
I am working in pvt Ltd company, from last 4 month in probation period, Now i have put resignation due to i got good oppurtunity in my native place, and they have a urgent requirement, but my current organation ask me for 30 days notice period or pay gross salay of one month.
Kindy reply me sir this is a legal ? and should i Do ?
Regards,
Hitesh

From India, Bhavnagar
tsivasankaran

Generally notice period is not required during Probationary period However if there is clause in the Appointment letter requiring Notice Period, then one need to give Notice as specified Thanks
From India, Chennai
pon1965

Read the appointment letter carefully. Some companies stipulate 1 week on either side, some stipulate immediate. Pon
From India, Lucknow
mrsharma

Dear Hitesh,
It is very clear fact that if you are on probation means that your are under watch of company and if they not satisfy they will remove your candidature without any prior notice .Similar case from your side that you do not need to pay any notice or prior information regarding your resignation from company until your are in probation.
Thanks

From India, Pune
ashu.cool

Hi Hitesh,
Please refer to the clause of notice period in your appointment letter, Generally notice period comes into the scene after the probation period, but finally its the discretion of company, some company's may give want you to serve the notice period, but they will specify it into the appointment letter.
Regards
Ashutosh

From India, Kollam
sharma_hr

Dear Satish,
If any clause in your appointment letter regarding the prior notice, you should obey the norms of your company. You may convince
your present company to relieve immediately, otherwise you request your next joining company to appoint for one month.

From India, Visakhapatnam
ttcitehr

Dear Hitesh,
You can tell your future employer about your present contract and request them to give you some more time. No employer can say that his requirement is "Urgent". Anyone who insist that an employee should join immediately is not practicing good professional ehics. If the requirement is indeed urgent, what were they doing all these days to fill the vaccancy?
On the other hand If the remuneration on the new job is substantially higher, you may also think of joining ,say, after 15 days, after paying the present employer the balance salary. It is also mandatory for the present employer to give due credit/encash your accumulated CL/PL etc and also the one which has accrued for the running year. This would substantially reduce your financial burden. You may also spend about 2 or 3 days with your future employer immediately to affirm your ernestness in joining the post.
= Dr. T.Thomas

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.