prakashps1989
Respected Sir,

My salary payment was not paid properly and past August month to till now salary yet not paid by xxxx Educational Institutions.

Not only mine and also all Faculties of these Engineering Colleges (Namely xxx, xxx College of Engineering and xxx Institute for Engineering and Technology) under xxxx Educational Institutions.

I have given below detailed irregular payments of salary based on salary account bank statements for past two academic years (2013-14 & 2014-15) and current academic year (2015-16).

So, most of people running family with getting loan from bank or credit card or finance and suffering lot to repay it.

xxxx Educational Institutions (xxxEI) runs about 16 educational institutes and provides a massive higher educating community every year.

Whereas, In this institution giving Salary and all benefits on time (including increment), but not to engineering (Teaching Faculties).

An official circular was circulated from last academic year in all Engineering Colleges and Polytechnic colleges of xxxEI from Chairman stating that “Teaching Faculty can resign from job at the end of Academic year with a notice to be submitted by end of January and Not in between. If they want to resign or forced by HOD, Principal to resign need to pay three-month salary as advance to collect their all records (including mark sheets (from SSLC to Ph.D.), Degree certificate (from SSLC to Ph.D.), previous experience certificate and current Experience Certificates.”

HOD are forced to watch, collect information about Faculties relieving from their college and joining nearby Colleges. If so, management through Principal and other persons asking the other college to give offer orally (like 1. got selected, 2. you will be called to join and 3. collect offer letter on the date of joining) and not called for duty when academic year starts or in between.

These are understanding between managements of all colleges to dominate the Teaching Faculties and Others.

By the above of not getting Salary on time facing below problems

1. We are not offered any loan from Bank or Finance or Individual

2. We are not able to get a monthly rental house

3. We are not able to educate our Children

4. We are not able to meet living expenses

5. We are not able to face health and medical expenses

6. We are not able to pay bank loan interests, EMI’s

7. We are not able to meet travelling expenses

8. All the above and monetary reasons making us to suicide with family

So, I humbly request you look into this serious issue to enquire, monitor and demand management to pay our salary monthly on time and also increments based on Pay commission recommended.

Though Anna university and UGC committee inspection for next academic year approval came on 16/03/2016 & 17/03/2016 for all three engineering colleges, committee not asked for bank statements of employer and employee.

I self-effacingly request you not to reveal my name in order to save my life or future and suggestion to Government should take an initiative dispatch of salaries to Faculty must be monitored and monitoring the Pay slip along with Bank Statement of institution to be reporting quarterly.

From India, Erode
Madhu.T.K

This is not an issue coming under the Industrial Disputes Act, I believe. The matter is something which should be presented before the Director of Technical Education or the University on priority basis. I also believe that this is an institution which collects fees from the students and if so, delaying payment of salary to the staff members should not be due to any financial difficulties. At the same time, payment of salaries should be one of the priorities of any organisation.

There is always an apprehension that the college management will have some unethical relationship with University or the the body granting affiliation and with that they will be able to run the institution in the way in which they would like to run it, ie, without paying salaries in time, without providing adequate facilities to the staff members etc. As the students are more organised and some times backed by some political parties, their interests will be safeguarded and that will be done at the cost of poor employees.

If the management is continuing the attitude, the only way out is to make the issue public. If you all believe that teaching is a noble profession and therefore, indulging in collective bargaining and going for strike, if required, is against teaching ethics, you are stuck. But at the same time, if you want justice, the same can be gained only through making others know about what justice is denied to you. For that, I do not find that even striking is wrong. But only thing is that it should be the last weapon taken once the entire efforts to settle the issues fail to give the result.

Today the media is very strong that such kinds of injustices cannot be prolonged much. If required, you should also make it public with the help of media. In my opinion, the students will also support the teachers who fight for their rights. But for everything, there must be unity and if united, the management will not be able to prolong the matter and retaliate.

I think, you should first of all involve the Technical Education/ University and see how they react. If they are positive, you can expect favourable action from the management also. Now, if they do not act on your representation, then you should go public, first through demonstration within the office, then within the campus and then outside the campus. Once you come out from your campus circle, then only the media will interfere and once the media intervene only the Labour department and departments like EPF Organisation will come to know about the issues and finally a settlement will be made.

Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
nathrao

This issue pertains to University/Department of technical education.
The affected people need to join hands and fight boldly.
As such you are suffering from lack of timely salary,
What else harm can they do to you?
Take legal help.
It is well known that some college managements are powerful and have influence,but the nation is a free democratic society which still follows rule of law to great extent(notwithstanding problems).
To silently suffer injustice is a sign of moral weakness.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.