No Tags Found!

vvidyam

Hi,In many cases, when the employees perform well, Mgt ignores to recognise them. After a certain period, recognition becomes important for any employee. There is also lot of partiality shown between the same level of employees. Many of them leave the company due to this. When employees leave the company, Mgt try to make up for that by giving them , what they want. If they dont agree, Mgt tries to delay the settlements in some cases.Thanx
From India, Bangalore
Sanjeev.Himachali

Let me limit myself and my thoughts to this discussion. What you always see is not what has actually happened. In case of employee exits, there are so many factors that affects the exit process. Some of the factors are:

1)The way of separation.
2)The longevity of the employee in that company. (If the person is separating from the company within a year or after serving for few years)
3)His level in the organization.
4)Performance of the person (if the person was a performer or a non-performer)
Etc and Etc

As far as re-employing the ex-employee is concerned, many companies have the policy to not to employee the ex-employee. So, that assumption is invalid and void.
As far as reference of the ex-employee is concerned; no company needs any referral from a person who has served the company for less than one year and has been fired (or asked to resign). Secondly, the HR Person will not stay in that company for his life. As you are moving for a growth, he too might move for a growth.

Hence, only those employees who has served the company for a period of time and those who are good performers get the good exit. Other are treated as if they were never existed.

Don’t get emotional. Be Practical.

Thanks and Regards
Sanjeev

From India, Mumbai
prashant_nair

I am a bit bewildered. It only shows that many of the Hr professional are yet to grow up!!! Let it be clearly such clever tricks never pay in the long run(?). While a frustrated employee may stick on for some more time out of compulsion, it leaves a bad taste and soon he would be carrying tales against the company which is much more damaging in long run. There are few organisations, both in the private and public sector who are fair in all matters and several others which are to the contrary. And if have critical look at their performance it is evident that organisations treating employees fairly right from induction to the seperation retain talents and are spoken off well. I fail to understand how retention of unhappy employee is going to help ultimately. Regards KK Nair

Yogesh_Bisht

I agree completely with your situation and thank you for bring it up. There are various side of the situation let's admit that yes we in HR become callous towards the outgoing employee, even vindictive. Well I think there is definite integrity issues which have to be addressed.
Forget for outgoing employees, even for incoming employees- a lot of things are 'projected'/ 'marketed' quite different from the real in company.
What do you think?

From India, Mumbai
sajuckurian
Usually the departments within HR who handdle F&F are short staffed and always under pressure they are also caught up with other statutory compliances, staffing for this fucntion many a times is neglected which leads to high closure time.

ashfaqb

Hi,

I have read through the discussions on the above matter and have the following to say:

1) Agreed that the HR is the dept that prepares the Full & Final settlement of the exiting employees, but at times, even the HR has its hands tied down due to negligence from the TL/Manager of the exiting employee.
2) Agreed that the clearance of statutory benefits lies in the hands of the HR, at times the main salary to be cleared is not given as the respective TL/Manager would like to hold on to it for reasons not known to the HR.
3) I disagree to the fact that the HR will hold on to facts about the dues pending for obvious reasons, but at times there are certain policies laid down by the company wherein it is not in the hands of the HR.

All in all, 99% of the time, the HR department is made to be the culprit in an unreasonable battle between the exiting employee & the company.

Friends, the HR dept is here for constant support and ensure that there is a harmonious atmosphere around the company.

Regards
Ashfaq

From India, Pune
preet_jhang2004@yahoo.com

Yes, I agree that once the employee resigns from the organization the HR - who is actually the management representative presents/behaves in an unprofessional manner.The full and final should be done on the given date and time and the resigned employee should not be made to follow up for his own hard earned money.Also if we let the clerance take place without bothering the employee- chances are he may come back to us- making our own life a little easy-if not he may refer some one - as he himself has good notion/ picture about the oragnization.This also is a way to make a good will among the pool of employees available around besides the fact - these are people who could ruin our image in no loss of time and then as an HR it will be difficult for us to hire It's is actually the culture of the organization which flows top - to bottom and so is the RPIMARY responsibility of the senior management - YES, as HR you can also do you BIT even if the management acts/behaves otherwisejust my thoughts Cordially,preet
From India, Bangalore
gopik

Hi All, I am really happy to recieve all your thoughts. Infact I have learnt lot from your thoughts. I think it is good brain strom session. Great. Keep sending your veiws on it Gopi.K 9952414092
From India, Chandigarh
ronmat
Hi
I do remember an instnace of not providing me the details of final settlement statement by one of the leading pharma companies located in Ahmedabad, when I resigned to join a leading PSU. HR people of that company did not give any proper response to my request and even I wrote to the top management. But all the efforts were futile and I was just thiking of the effort & pain I took to serve the company. There were 8 managers in the two departments where I worked and I was the only one in the junior level.
The attitude of the people should be changed towards the resigned people. There must be many reasons hehind the decision when a person leaves a company. Instead of anlysing the reasons, they treat them as unwanted.
Regards
Rony

From India, Ahmadabad
gaggan_sahni

Guys, Pls note that incase any of you are facing such problems where company is not settling your account,. I would always suggest you guys to keep an accepted copy of your resignation or if possible the relieving letter incase provided, Pls try to know under which jurisdiction of Labour court or Asst Labour Commissioner, it follows pls send a written compalint to the Asstt. labour Commissioner along with the accepted copy of your resignation and try to get as many proves as possible of the follow up (PLS EVERYTHING IN WRITING AND NO VERBAL COMMUNICATION)...This would itself give company a threat to act or face the legal angle......they can be challaned for non follow up of Labour Laws....so dont worry and relax....
From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.