Friends and Seniors,
Firstly wishing you all a Happy Diwali.
We have issue, one employee was asked to leave and we did not want to show it as termination, so his resignation was kept confidential.
In the bargain, the management team missed to update HR about his resignation and we have paid two month extra salary to this employee before realizing the mistake.
Now when HR approached the employee, first he was very humble and said he shall transfer back the funds. But now when followed up he is telling "you guys asked me leave, so I have resigned, industry is paying 6 months salary and expressing that he will not return the excess amount paid".
How do we deal with this employee and recover the excess salary paid to him.

From India, Bangalore

Dear C.J,
Excess payment to employee can be recovered from him if it is detected and intimated to him within a reasonable time subject to the condition of providing him an opportunity to explain his stand. When he is not in the service of the establishment, you can recover it through his current employer. If his whereabouts are not traceable, either you have to write it off or recover from the person who made the mistake.
Coming to the case on hand, my personal view is that the amount may be magnanimously waived in view of the forced and quick resignation of the employee.

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.