No Tags Found!

tarak shaw

One of our employee has been expired by a road accident. In this situation, I would like to know the calculation of gratuity payment.

Kindly guide me.

I am furnishing the details for reference.

Date of Birth - 21/08/1971
Joining date - 09/12/2002
Retirement date - 31/08/2029
Service period as on date - 19 years 4 months
Last basic drawn - Rs. 14910/-

Regards
Tarak Shaw

From India, Kolkata
umakanthan53

Dear Tarak Shaw,
In case of death of the employee while in service, only the minimum qualifying service of five years is not necessary.
In the case cited, the gratuty for the entire service rendered so far upto the date of death of the employee shall be calculated and paid to the nominee or in the absence of nomination, the amount thus calculated shall be deposited with the Controlling Authority under the PGA,1972 for the area for disbursement after an inquiry.

From India, Salem
KK!HR

Gratuity is to be paid based on the formula given below:
{(Basic Pay + DA) X 15/26}X No. of completed years of service. (Six months or more would be calculated as one year and less than six months to be ignored. This calculation is as per Payment of Gratuity Act 1972

From India, Mumbai
tarak shaw

Dear Umakanthan Sir, Thanks for response. As I understood, you are suggesting to pay the gratuity only for 19 years, not to be calculated upto his retirement date. Kindly confirm. Regards Tarak Shaw
From India, Kolkata
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.