No Tags Found!

kunal31

btw Nazeeruddin, how many months have u worked there? how much experience you are holding it right now??
From India, Mumbai
Nazeeruddin
I have serve current employer for 4.7 years. This experience is more important and hence I need relieving letter as well.
From India, Hyderabad
kunal31

okay, then u need to get this letter
From India, Mumbai
dharmendra-negi1

In such a situation where the employer is not letting you go and your future employer cant wait beyond 24 days. I suggest that you write your problem to the new employer and take a written commitment from them that even if you are not relieved from the exiting job, they should not demand an Exit clearance letter from them and you can only share a copy of the mail addressed to your last employer which will clearly state about your resignation and payment towards the balance due period.

You have to write a resignation letter to your employer stating that you are serving one month notice period and paying for the balance of one month's notice. Your last day will be so and so date and the company is requested to clear the dues on your last day.
Please, ref. company certified standing orders or just follow what is mentioned in the standard standing order.

Be Open & Be bold.

From India, Pune
Nazeeruddin
Hi dharmendra,
I have written resignation letter to my current employer stating I can serve notice period on so and so date . The current employer is not agreeing for early release and when I asked for buyout option and also leave compensation they are telling that client is not accepting early releases as they too have high attrition rate.

I have been trying to convince with multiple replies since 30 days still no positive response from them.

From India, Hyderabad
aussiejohn

The weird and wonderful situations CiteHR members get themselves into never ceases to amaze me.

But I digress. I am sure that in India the situation is the same as elsewhere. The employer has complete discretion to do whatever suits their purpose and operational requirements, regardless of anything else.

In your case, your current employer, in it's discretion, has said no, and you must serve your notice period. For whatever reason, they want your services, so that for them is the end of the story.

Trying to fight them is just prolonging your agony. You got yourself into a situation you have no control over by not thinking it all through in the beginning.

From reading many of these sorts of cases on CiteHR, I suspect employers in India are fed up with people constantly job hopping and are putting up barriers to try and mitigate it to some extent with long notice periods, bonds etc.

From Australia, Melbourne
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.