Anonymous
I have received a offer letter via mail. I have not accepted it. and I message the HR on whatsapp. That my father is going through health issue. I am not joining the company. I have to take care of my father. Do I need to serve the notice period without joining without signing any document. I have not even started work in company. I have not replied to mail.
From India, Delhi
KK!HR

You have stated that you have not accepted the offer of appointment and you have not joined them, then where is the question of any notice period? You have given a reply in whatsapp,
it is to be seen to understand whether there is any tacit acceptance, yet it cannot make you liable to serve the notice period.

From India, Mumbai
raghunath_bv

Hi,
Here are some steps you might consider:
Contact HR promptly:
You've already taken the first step by informing HR about your situation. Make sure you maintain open and honest communication.

Explain your situation:
Clearly state the reasons for your decision not to join. Mention your father's health issue and the need to be with him during this time.

Ask about notice period:
Inquire about the notice period and whether it applies to your situation since you haven't officially started working. It's possible that since you haven't signed any documents or officially joined, there might not be a formal notice period.

Request confirmation in writing:
Ask HR to confirm the understanding in writing. This can be via email or any official communication channel.

Follow company policy:
If there is a specific policy mentioned in the offer letter or any other communication regarding situations like this, make sure to refer to it.

Consider legal advice: If there are any doubts or if the company insists on something you're unsure about, you might want to consult a legal professional.

it's crucial to be respectful and professional throughout this process. Companies generally understand that personal emergencies and family issues can arise, and they may be willing to accommodate your situation.
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Sapna Panwar

Hi,

If you are really interested in the opportunity, You can speak to the HR Person, if they can postpone your joining date, as per your personal commitments. (In case you are sure that your father will recuperate from his illness soon). and If not, please write a polite e-mail to HR stating your father's health condition, and ask for the formalities so that the offer can be considered as null & void.

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.