No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: Should we retain such employees?
Yes 105 37.50%
No 178 63.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

the office should not interfere in the personal matters of the couple but ofcourse the employees should not bring there personal problems to the office. I thinks couples should not be kept on same floor to work.
From India, Hyderabad
mnj.tiwari

Bhawani,

I am 100% agree with reply posted, but one thing going unnoticed that you have mentioned you doesn’t want loose them, why, I don’t think so, Please counsel them that they are not have permission to take their personal matter to the office, or give them proper warning, and please do not share that you want not loose him / her. Where gossiping / discussion are going on please discourage that and put them on busy with talks, working. Rest you are the best judge because you are there for handling these issues. Sorry if you getting hurt

From India, Gurgaon
pradeepboiri

Bhavani,

As I understand, you would like to retain both of them as they are good performers even after the incident. I assume by now, your Head HR, Bus. Unit Head, etc will be aware of it and they are supportive of this plan.

Following are my inputs:

If you have support from your Sr. Mgmt as mentioned above..

- As I see there is no problem with the lady who moved to Mumbai as long as she is delivering her job
- You’ll have to counsel him and make him understand the difference between personal & official life
- Let him know that, not to disturb her in any means to avoid any legal action by her
- Also, you have to ensure that they are under different business units and there shouldn’t be any direct or indirect reporting
- Let him take leave and visit some temple/somewhere to have some peaceful time
- Let him know that transfer to Mumbai is not feasible

- Once he is back to work, I hope he may start working normally
- If he starts working well, let his manager send him appreciation mail to boost his moral

- If he lacks his performance & still in the same world, then keep him under performance observation and terminate him
- If he performs well but he is still in the same world, let him resign and go

If you have not informed your Sr. Mgmt as mentioned above..

- As you have enough inputs, you can share your views to your Head HR/Someone who you report and take his/her views and then take necessary steps.

Good Luck!
Pradeep

From India, Hyderabad
abhi16march

wat mr.pradep has told here m agree wid him n earlier in my previous post i was mentioned this thing in very short.
m totally agree wid mr.pradeep nd ths is d best way to track them
thanks n regards
abhishek

From India, Pune
Swati.hr

Hi All,
Gone thro' all the mails.. now a days dis is becoming quite common issue.. I feel wat we talk abt the culture of the country which is always said to be the best thing is India is going somewhere.. Ok itz their personal matter and we cant do anything or interfere in it unless and until itz going to affect the office atmosphere..
Regards,
Swati

From India, Bangalore
Asha2005

hi,
i suggest you should transfer only the lady to another office...bcoz she asked first... why should the guy follow her and ruin in the peace of your bombay office too?
Such incidents should not be eneteratined... at office they should follow the code of conducts

From India, Madras
aravalihills
Hi, If the lady has accepted the transfer, it means she is no more interested in Hero. let her live peacfully and don’t allow transfer to hero. Indu

mihir.sengupta
I suppose transfer the lady is ok & you have done the right thing and 2ndly u must see that hero shouldn't be transfer to Mumbai and tell him alternate any other place than Mumabi. We have to ensure that company decoram should be prevail at any cost.
Regards
Mihir

From India, Delhi
swaminath
Hi Bhavani,The solution should always be identified for the problem. Since the lady has asked for a change and been transfered to Mumbai, the least you should ensure is not to transfer the guy to Mumbai. However, he might be asking for a change as he doesn't want to continue in a gossip filled role in the current location. So, he may be given the choice of a transfer anywhere else other than Mumbai and given a second opportunity to get back to work professionally. Additionally, he should also be counselled and made aware that he is staking too much for nothing by trying to cling to an extra-marital affair. Once he is made aware of his mistakes, give him some time to get back to normal and start working again in his areas of expertise.This is my opinion and this should be able to reinstate a state of normalcy to a greater extent.warm regards,Swaminath Adabala
From India, Hyderabad
poonam.mehra

Do not entertain his request and tell him strictly that it is company's decision to transfer people. You need to gain respect for your work culture, and if you become a little strict on that , it does not matter.
:icon1::)

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.