No Tags Found!

Liyakat Masalawala
HI,

I Think you need to take a step back and look at yourself in the mirror you've been watching for over the years.I am sure you will look at a different personality trait of yourself thats called "Demotivation".Just to let you know there is no JOB in the world that can satisfy and Individual unless he himself is satisfied in his own self.I am from operation that becomes monotonous at times but i never get bored because i keep getting my self involved in various projects..If not given by my boss i try to convince and give him a first cut of my ideas and guess what it work ??...

Action points for you:

Change your views -read motivating articles

Hang around with motivated employees of the organization

Look at your job from someone elses view point

At last take a look at the salesman who waits outside your door for hours for you to tell him "NO" in the end but still he goes to another door trying his sales pitch...If he was you he must have been a beggar today !! Stay happy with what you have have...but but...keep waiting for better opportunities....Chillax.... :D

fatty_cool1@yahoo.com
Dear Mr Vijay,

Thankyou for your response.

I am with you on the idea that HR plays an important role in an org, but at the same time, beg to differ on the thought that HR IS THE REVENUE GENERATOR. there is a difference btwn saving the earned revenue(by things like recruting rt person and retention), and generating it in the very first place!!!

Taking one thing at a time.

HR does the recruitment part, but the final selection is in the hands of concerned department head.come to talk of scruitinising , HR can just check that the sokt skills of the person are in place. When it comes to finding out the right guy with gud attitude n knowledge, trust me 80% of the HR does not have other departments knowledge, the end product knowledge, competitors knowledge, or to say the least their own industry knowledge. Knowledge is checked again by concerned dpt head.

Talking about retention, in todays trend most of the people look for change because of salary, that again is the managements call. Other could be that the individual has problem with his/her senior.. This means the employees history is over there.. I know of a very big group where because of a person in operations four people have resigned in period of 5months.. n HR could do just nothing about him.. guess who told me this?? The HR manager himself who took my interview..can u beat that!!

And yes this is a hospitality company that has share value of Rs 340 in todays date...not a small comp..

And trust me bro.. iv tried my level best to come out of it... the fact that HR is Facilitation/Mediator(btw senior mgmt and employee) Dept is still in my mind.

This post is getting a little too long..nyways.. just coz we are dicussing i would like to add few more things..

A startup company can run without HR but not without sales, finance, mktng or operations.. in such companies it is the line mgr n dpt head who takes care of HR..

In big companies, lets take eg. of a software giant in banglore, HR's are the most hated souls by "other then Hr"group in that comp. In this company HR dpt got an average hike of 25%, whereas s/w dpt, who are the real revenue generators got average hike of 19%..

So

HR surely sits with 1000 CV's, does telephonic, screening round with 500.

BUT it is concerned dpt head who decides the final guy..

HR surely does exit interview with the employees..

BUT is there any room for him/her to stay is finally decided by the concerned dpt.

HR does performance appraisal

BUT that is 90% based upon the feedback given by the seniors of that individual.

How many HR people u know of who can do finance jo/or sell the company product/or go out for meeting with adv agencies n thnk of big mktng palns etc.. But surely u would have come accross Finance/Sales/Mktng doing HR job like recruitment selection, imparting training, payroll, employee relations, MIS mgmt, perf appraisal etc..

I do not at all mean to say that HR is unimportant. Instead they are of great importance for a smooth running of org. I myself being an HR person know that we facilitate many operations in an organisation.

My apologies if anything i said sounded rude.

but once again i thankyou, for you cared to take out time and respond to the mail.

Best Regards

Fatima

From India, Delhi
madhubanti chaudhuri
Dear Fatima,

Being one who had faced a situation exactly similar to yours and had also found out a way to get out of it, I would answer your queries as follows. Plz read carefully: -

ur query no1: -Should i join some COMPANY which has dedicated training dept? my present comp treats training as cost factor.

Ans: - You should definitely join a company which has a training dept or a traning manager. Plz remember that good companies always give a lot of importance to training and keep a good budget for that purpose. But before you appear for interviews of different companies, upgrade your training skills becoz when you tell the interviewers that your area of interest is Training, they will surely ask you "what have you done in Training?" Mentioning about your competencies like good communication skills, presentability etc will not be enough. What I would suggest is that in your present organisation start some kind of training intervention for your staff, for ex: -conducting spoken english classes, training them on soft skills like presentation skills, selling skills, time management, ettiquette etc. This will help you in adding a coloumn in your resume as "Training Conducted" or "Initiatives Taken", which will surely be appreciated by interviewers. Trust me, it will increase the value of your resume to a great extent Also, since you are yourself providing the training and not hiring anyone for that, there will be no cost involved and it will be easier for you to convince your current employer for the same.

ur query no. 2: -should i join some TRAINING CONSULTANCY with good clientele?

Ans: -Training consultancies will hire you once you have got some experience of the same. Its better to join a good organisation with a dedicated T&D dept, gain experience and then move to a training consultant.

ur query no 3: -should i start my own business? now this dosent sound very feasible, considering i do not have not much knowledge of the field.

Ans: -you need to have atleast 10 years experience in the field to run your own consultancy successfully.

ur query no 4: -should i join some school/college as soft skills trainer?

thats your personal choice, but as far as my knowledge goes, the demand for soft skills trainers in schools or colleges is not anywhere near the demand in the corporate world.

ur query no 5: -What is the difference between training school kids and corporate?

Its equal to the difference between teaching children and teaching their parents!!

I hope I gave practical replies to your queries becoz all these are from my personal experience. I had joined an Indian org one and a half years back, today I am part of a Fortune 500 MNC, just by doing what I have adviced you to do!

All the best for your future! :D

Madhu.

fatty_cool1@yahoo.com
Dear Ms madhubanti chaudhuri
Thankyou very much for your practical, informative and to the point reply..
I appreciate the fact that you answered all my queries, and that too very well.
Right now i am "decision making" phase, and these inputs are of great help..
Best Regards
Fatima

From India, Delhi
fatty_cool1@yahoo.com
Dear Mr Sandeep,

Thankyou for your appreciation on my presentation and for repying to the post.

At times what happens is that there is a lot of conflict going inside an individual, which one is neither able to express, correlate, or pen down in words.. I agree with you that the author has expressed his views..but then i could relate with that, and found those lines very appropriate, hence quoted them.

Talking about positive thinking, i have been a positive thinker since the age of 17, after i read Mr Norman Vincent Peale for the first time. I think positively n thats y m looking for positive responses n after that positive career.

There is definetly diff btw corporate n academic training.. n m tryng to figure out the same.

Also you are correct at saying that it has changed my feelings n not my mind.. At times mind makes al of us coward.. Mind is right now telling me that if i leave this decent brand + salary, i'l be effecting my finances, thought i am not at peace with my job but atleast comfortable from financial view point. but my heart tells me that i mght not get a an equal package rt now in training being fresher in field. but surely if i develop intrest n passion for training then 5to6years down the lane i would be both minting money and enjoying my job.

Also you are right that there is no surity that i will stick to the field of training.. My philosophy of life is little different. I want to experiment with life n draw my own conclusion, rather then taking an imp decision based on some predefined individualistic view.I started as software eng, shifted to HR... n still on my way to finding my goal..which m sure of i will find.

The last thing you suggested, i will surely try to implement. To bring difference in the routine activities.

And you have not at all been harsh or rude.. your viewpoint i understand and admire your clarity of thought.

Thankyou once again.

Best Regards

Fatima

From India, Delhi
parulyoganand
Hi Sandeep,

I am a corporate trainer and i have also faced similar situation like that of yours.

I left my previous organization and started hunting for a suitable job of my kind. It took me 6 months to get an appropriate job of my interest and now I am happy.

My advise is to go for your dreams. If you are nurturing a dream to step into Training and Delivery go ahead. Its not only about money but a mental satisfaction and a heartfelt happiness for self.

As you said you are in dilemma and you dont know where should you joing thn take my words you need to dig more into your thoughts and dreams.

Can you teach kids... can you control your temper and be a kid to teach them? if so that would that make you feel that have achieved your dream?

secondly if you join consultancies you can keep digging into different eresources and keep gathering the knowledge however remember their investment on you will remain minimal..thats how training firms/consultancies I have come across

thirdly..if you join as a corporate trainer you will face a lot of problem...attitudes clashes...learning styles clashes...and most importantly what only works is Adult Learning Principles...so you have to keep that at top of your head whenever you talk...once you are able to acquire the trust of the entire organization :wink: you will head towards the next branch of the hierarchy tree :P

Dear, if you go for your dreams you will be happy and will do more and more. Your skills will be polished and you'll know where you stand is what you thrived for. You dont have to look behind and regret for anything.

The only thing I can say is .... if you are happy with your job and you are enjoying it than no one can ever stop you from prospering and being happy and content.

From India, Bangalore
kushisharma
Hi Fatima, I know of a vacancy for a training postion. Do you have any frontline experience of customer service/ sales/ councelling? Kushi
From India, Delhi
fatty_cool1@yahoo.com
Dear Mr Samvedan,
Your response has been of great help.
Its always helpful to take advise from an expert of the field, because that person knows the pros n d cons of an action pertaining the matter.
And thats exactly how it has helped me. You have pointed out some very important limitations that i should work upon, and not take a hawkish decision..
Its one of the most important and and useful suggestion.
I would surely be needing your guidance on my way to this new domain.
Best Regards
Fatima

From India, Delhi
jaivardhan
Hi,
This is good that your are very much concern about yourself.
But you are the best judge to decide what you want to be, never ask about other opinion, more you ask more you get confused.
have faith and trust on your qualities... and decide your on..
JAI VARDHAN VERMA
Dy.Manager HR

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.