No Tags Found!

Anupriya Bhattacharya

Hi!
fatima,
it is nice to know that you are area specific and consider you lucky who identified her interest and want to grow in the same.In my opinion I must say that for acquiring an expertise in the training one must be a self-learner, self motivator and quick decision maker.The qualities which u mentioned are totally appropriate for aperson to become a trainer.If people pointed out such qualities in you then those will be existing in you. So be confident about them.They are your assets.Try to go forth with those.Becoming a trainer in a school will not let you get a corporate exposure.So continue being in the corporate and always in search of such opportunities which may help you in achieving your goal.
Warm regards
Anupriya Bhattacharya

From India, Pune
ritu_hr04
Hi Friend

I feel this platform is very good in solving the problem one faces and expressing ones feelings about the work we do.

Fatima I have also gone through such stage in my career, I was on verge of quitting the job and sitting at home as I was so much frustrated with the routine job. But the hardwrok I had put in making my companies HR department, the success I got never allowed me to do so. I started taking each day as it come, felt happy when candidate selected joined in specified date, when successfully interviews were conducted and organized etc. See Fatima we can never we FULLY SATISFIED with the current job we just have to adjust over selves with the job and try to being innovation to job and be happy in small and big things.

I am pasting the article by Dr.Gopalkirshana,Chariman Tata Sons from which you can get answers for your questions. Let me know your feedback:-

Subject: Job Hopping - Interesting article by Dr.Gopalkrisnan, Chairman Tata Sons,

The grass isn't always greener on the other side !! Move from one job to another, but only for the right reasons It's yet another day at office.As I logged on to the marketing and advertising sites for the latest

updates, as usual,I found the headlines dominated by 'who's moving from one company to another after a short stint', and I wondered, why are so many people leaving one job for another? Is it passe now to work with just one company for a sufficiently long period?

Whenever I ask this question to people who leave a company, the answers I get are: "Oh, I am getting a 200% hike in salary"; "Well, I am jumping three levels in my designation"; "Well, they are going to send me abroad in six

months".Then, I look around at all the people who are considered successful today and who have reached the top - be it a media agency, an advertising agency or a company. I find that most of these people are the ones who have stuck to the company, ground their heels and worked their way to the top. And, as I look around for people who changed their jobs constantly, I find they have stagnated at some level , in obscurity!

In this absolutely ruthless, dynamic and competitive environment, there are still no short-cuts to success or to making money. The only thing that continues to pay, as earlier, is loyalty and hard work. Yes, it pays!

Sometimes, immediately, sometimes after a lot of time. But, it does pay.Does this mean that one should stick to an organisation and wait for that golden moment? Of course not. After a long stint, there always comes a time

for moving in most organisations, but it is important to move for the right reasons, rather than superficial ones, like money, designation or an overseas trip.

Remember, no company recruits for charity. More often than not, when you are offered an unseemly hike in salary or designation that is disproportionate to what that company offers it current employees, there is always an unseen

bait attached. The result? You will, in the long-term, have reached exactly the same levels or maybe lower levels than what you would have in your current company. A lot of people leave an organisation because they are

"unhappy". What is this so-called-unhappiness? I have been working for donkey's years and there has never been a day when I am not unhappy about something in my work environment-boss, rude colleague, fussy clients etc.

Unhappiness in a workplace, to a large extent, is transient. If you look hard enough, there is always something to be unhappy about. But, more importantly, do I come to work to be "happy" in the truest sense?If I think hard, the answer is "No". Happiness is something you find with family,friends, may be a close circle of colleagues who have become friends. What you come to work for is to earn, build a reputation, satisfy your ambitions,be appreciated for your work ethics, face challenges and get the job done.So, the next time you are tempted to move, ask yourself why are you moving and what are you moving into? Some questions are:

* Am I ready and capable of handling the new responsibility? If yes,what could be the possible reasons my current company has not offered me the same responsibility?

* Who are the people who currently handle this responsibility in the

current and new company? Am I as good as the best among them?

* As the new job offer has a different profile, why have I not given the

current company the option to offer me this profile?

* Why is the new company offering me the job? Do they want me for my

skills, or is there an ulterior motive?

An honest answer to these will eventually decide where you go in your >

career- to the top of the pile in the long term (at the cost of short-term blips) or to become another average employee who gets lost with time in the wilderness?

"DESERVE BEFORE YOU DESIRE" - Dr. Gopalkrishnan, Chairman TATA Sons.

From India, Ahmadabad
Sachin81
Hello fatima,
first of all iam agree with the view & sugestions given by Mr. Vijay, Mr. Samvedan, Mr.Sandeep & all my seniors & friends, definitely HR also plays an important role to generate a revenue for the company, yes sometimes our job is like monotony type but everyday if you try to do something different which appeals you & which passionate you & also that is in different way/style, then definitely you will love and you will give your 100% to your task/job...also in the meantime or after your working hours you can take a proper coaching/training in a field/sector (Training) in which you want to make your career.
So, my dear friend see from a very +ve attitude to your career & HR...
All the Best.
regds,
Sachin Soni

Jeroo Chandiok

Dear Fatima,

There have been two kinds of responses to your posting. The first, to take pride in what you are doing now, try to improve and develop yourself as best you can, and explore all possibilities in your own self-development before doing anything else. Very sensible and thoughtul advice.

The second is that at this moment, in spite of the excellent qualities you mention, you are too inexperienced in corporate life and too junior in responsibilities and range of activities to suddenly become a really good trainer. You have to work at and experience the difficulties in life before you can achieve a mature outlook and be able to guide and nurture others.

You also need to know whether you have the aptitiude for being an effective trainer - not just the qualities you say you possess. Are you in a position to face the problems that beset you as a trainer - can you handle difficult participants, can you switch tacks to bring the participants back on line, can you effectively interact with participants by using role plays, problem solving activities, can you train participants who do not want to be trained, etc.? These are abilities that you can only learn on-the-job.

What one of the seniors has suggested is to try and interact with training institutes like the Chamber of Commerce, etc. and work at preparing training modules that you can deliver on weekends (while continuing to work with your present employers) and see how successful you are. Every training session will teach you, if you are willing to learn from your mistakes, and will also teach you whether you are going to be a good trainer or not.

So, my advice also is to currently learn about life, about the corporate world, about difficulties and problems that are going to beset you, and then take a more informed decision about what you want to do.

In any case, all the best.

Jeroo

From India, Mumbai
Vyas

Dear Fathima,

I have read your post and had mixed feeling about you. Happy that there are such people in HR fraternity who want to value add and sad that there are few opportunities.

As you said, your present company treats Training as a cost factor, here are a few suggestions :

1) Do a research / survey on the knowledge levels of your employees at various grade and do a comparison with industry rating.

2) If they are at par or if they exceed, well and good.

3) If you find a huge gap then present a report to your Business and Functional Heads on the findings.

4) Also suggest that this gap can be filled by training people and thus improve performance.

5) If people perform their duties well and do a better job on the deliverables then results will be seen "shining & bright"

Then Training will no longer be a cost factor.

But to prove this you need to do the ground work and speak with facts and figures.

Also express this idea to your boss and get his or her inputs.

Hope the above helps.

Regards,

From India, Madras
trisha
Hi Sandeep.. u have put your ideas very well. they were quite thought provoking. Keep motivating otherz wid ur ideas n suggestions. Regards, V.Deepthi.
From India, Mumbai
L.Kumar

Dear Fatima
Please do not give more value to the comments passed on by others in your company about HR. Be sincere and honest in your profession and everyday, try to contribute to the maximum by yourself, for the growth of your company.
Shifting to your field is left with you. If you are confident of taking up any assignment in T&D, you have to acquire more knowledge and skill and it is my suggestion, you may go for T&D field, after some time.
With regards
L.Kumar

From India, Madras
kordesandeep

Hi,
Thanks for the compliment and i hope i would get some of the other members doing the same things.
This is a group where we all share issues,ideas and views.Some like that and few may oppose your views also but in neutral grounds we should understand the problem and help they out with some solutions.
I hope you feel the same way and help out the needy.
Bye
sandeep

From India, Warangal
sandeep_sable

Hi,
Go where your heart is!
Its the battle between the heard and the mind.
I suggest you one thing , before you dip into the ocean , try to swim with the fish, frogs and then dive to kill the sharks and the whales.
Gain experience in what you want to do using others investment while getting a decent salary. then put your money where your heart is.
Keep Going ................

From India, Pune
fatty_cool1@yahoo.com
Dear All,
First and formost thanx a ton for ur intrest..
I admire the fact that people have not responded with one or two liner statement, but have actully taken the pains to explain the pros n cons of the possible options..
Now i would like to thank every one of u individually..
First of all
Dear Ms Jyoti,
Thankyou for your suggestion.
Regards
Fatima

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.