pooja.joshi
Hi All,
Majority of the companies have an Exit Interview/Interview Fomrs included in their Exit process for the employees.

I wanted to know if there is a proper method/process for evaluating/analyzing the information that is collected out of these exit Interview forms, so as to not reduce conducting these interviews/filling up of Exit Interview forms merely as a formality. I want to evaluate the reasons why employees leave the organization (I have got records of past 4yrs of my organization) and accordingly address those concerns so as to curb the attrition rate in my organization.
Kindly help me out with this.
Thanks and Regards,
Pooja

From India, Ahmadabad
kraos_1954@yahoo.co.in

Hi pooja,

On any process or policy the management should have a commitment accordingly the HR should also have people orientation.

As far as the exit process is secondary as a HR guy do you have the quality of "Ear to earth", this is a quality and willingness to know what is happening in the organization. That means you should be getting on day to day / hour to hour information on people related matters and you should be addressing the same. Any grievience which is not been addressed properly leads to demand and some of the employee they don't want to confront or don't have time to focus on this, normally these type of people are highly qualified, technically competent and they will bear for some time, if their grieviences are not been addressed by the concerned authorities simply they will decide to move, their employability quoefficient is very high. Once these people are been counselled you will get good information.

The process is every employee will have faith on one or two co-employees hence as HR fac you need to give the resigned employee to choose the co-employee with whom he / she wants to sit with and fill the format and you should also ensure that the other employee is having the ownership, commitment towards organization, hight at listening skills and can probe and obtain the maximum information.

Once you got the information then sagrigate the information on negative and postives, list out the negatives. Sit with all HODs and work out action plan and submit to the senior management, obtain approval and implement. For doing all this activity the commitment of senior management is more improtant.

Thanks and regards - kameswarao

From India, Hyderabad
pooja.joshi
Hello Kameswrao,
Thanks you for your valuable inputs on this.
I agree with most of points made....and these are quite relevant especially in a small organization I work for. Though, I doubt how much a day to day/hour to hour update be possible in a large organization.
I completely agree with fact that one need to address the problem from the inception rather then analyzing it following the aftermath.It's just that I came across a whole lot of past documentations and thought if there would be a process/method to analyze/sort it out.
Thanks and Regards,
Pooja

From India, Ahmadabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.