santosh-ekdante
I am working as profession in one of engineering college, our establish department has done LWP of 1 day because I got 05 late entries in the month. In our office If we got 03 late then there will be deduction of one CL. But there is no CL remaining in my account to deduct. That is why this decision made as our Principal told me. So please give me advice so that I can insist them to revoke this decision and get my salary of the day
From India
Madhu.T.K

You are working as a Professor (not profession, I presume) and your College has a late coming policy by which anybody coming late by 5 minutes for three occasions will lose his one day leave, right? You have come late for 5 days and you had no explanation for your late arrival. Being a Professor who is expected to teach discipline to students, you repeated the misconduct for another four days. Then the decision of the Principal cannot be said to be unilateral and arbitrary. Your Casual Leave should be running from January to December, I presume. And within May, you have finished your CL quota. Naturally, the one day pay shall be lost as per late coming policy. You cannot challenge it as a matter of right. But you can plead with explanation for late coming, undertake that you will not come late again and request the authority to release it. The disciplinary authority, the Principal or the Management can release it on the basis of your request.

Please remember that a late coming policy with a clause that you will lose one day leave or salary, in the absence of any leave to your credit, is NOT intended to make the employees lose their salary but to make them aware of their responsibility to come in time. We should appreciate it rather than defending it.

From India, Kannur
PS1
Hello every one,
I am working in HR in engineering industry, situated in Gujarat, and having around 1200 work force.
my query is can we take the work related to electrical, mainly fault in various machineries and can it be attended by certified ITI wireman who is not electrician and having not any certificate from ITI electrician.
Is there any prohibition by any law ? can we not permitted ?

Sunil Bhatt
Gujarat

From India
Madhu.T.K

For doing a work the skill is important and not the certificate. But in certain areas the person concerned should possess a valid licence issued by the competent authority. Electrical wiring and installation is one of such areas where a licence is mandatory. In addition to certificate from ITI in the designated trade, ie, Electrical, he should hold licence from the state Electrical Inspectorate.
From India, Kannur
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

You request your management to let off you this time Or else can adjust the day against EL in your account.
In general this type of LOP can not be adjusted with any leave that may be CL or EL. Because it is difficult to mark a day of present against any leave.

From India, Mumbai
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Mr Bhat,
Besides ITI, govt offers certification to Electrician after passing examinations conducted by the Chief electrical inspector of the state, A, B & Certificate for LT & HT line work and wireman.

From India, Mumbai
PS1
Thank you all for prompt reply, but I wish to know that is there any prohibition by any law or rules to not to take electrical work from non electrician ? and can take it from certified wireman from ITI Passed out.
we are getting major wireman from ITI. In such cases what should we do ?
kindly advice me.

From India
Madhu.T.K

Yes, you have to get your electrical work done by a licenced electrician only. He may engage workers to do it but it will be done under him supervision. If you have wiremen who are qualified but are not possessing the required licence you can carry out the work but you should get the certification part done by some other agency/ person holding the licence.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.