No Tags Found!

hemalatha.g
hai.. what i suggest you is, right now u have two options either changing the department in same company (if u like to do job in that company) or u just cover the magalsuthra with covering dresses.
From India, Hyderabad
nithya_hr

Heloo That is my engagement snap yaar !!! In Marriage only they tie mangal suthram... dont joke on sentiments Ravi
From India, Madras
priti.b
It depends upon the work profile and in entertainment industry it is that they prefer even married women to look like unmarried.
From India, Mumbai
harik_1979
Dear all,
I would like to say something if we accept to modenization in the edge of today then why do we go in the traditional custom. As per job categories things are happened. releted to this type of job girls & guys make more entertainment with their unmarried life. every body demand of it.
thanx
harish Kumar

From India, Dehra Dun
Y.Venu Madhava Reddy
Hi, It is our Indian culture and in any employment wearing Mangalsutra is not objectionable. Madhava Reddy
From India, Hyderabad
kavithavel

Harshal,
Well was this mesg a part of ur sis's offer letter..if there were anything that was mentioned then..she needs to stick on to the policy till she finds a better job or rather quite and wait for something new to come if the management doesn't get convinced. If there is nothing that has been written down on papers she can certainly fight her way with the management, one need not listen to any word of mouth policy, she has a benefit here to get her right up. But had I to be in the situation, I wouldn't ruin my personla life on professional one...as said by people above...jobs come and go...but marriage as per Indian custom happens just once and I will choose to have a healthy relation with my hubby if he is sensitive about the issue.
regards,
Kavitha.

From India, Madras
nishumoni1610

Looking from a broader perspective ,if a policy like not allowing wearing mangal sutra during public appearance has been made, it clearly indicates that being “married” is an issue as it will deter public at large to flock around during a road show or some thing of that nature.
But since flocking is what is required (For an RJ flocking is a barometer of popularity=Better brand visibility=Better revenue) wearing a mangal sutra doesn’t help at all. So best alternative will be to switch to such a job where being married is not an issue, otherwise similar issues will keep on arising.

From India, Delhi
anirban84
Hi,

U know its not only about wearing mangalsutra in public, its also about the certain HR policies world wide which contradict personal liberty.For example in US they would not allow u wear scarf around ur head.

Organizations in the mainstream corporate world have over the years tried to become more and more culture sensitive ,but still they have a long way to go before they can fully assimilate national culture into their own organizational culture.

its bad to see an Indian organization is not sensitive to the cultural needs of a Indian employee.

better in this case to come out of the shell and to talk to the HR directly. Don't think about changing the job right now over this issue if otherwise things are O.K.

But then if there is option and all the negotiations fail in that case do change it .

Surprising to see that when we r ready to accept western culture in organizational space we are also forced sometimes to get rid of our own culture. This is serious issue.

Anirban Banerjee

From India, Calcutta
govindrana
The issue is very sensitive at religious point of view and it must be respected being an individual choice and duty to society at large. All must remember that India a Hindu majority country and the irony is that the typical removal of mangalsutra is asked not other than Hindu himself or herself that is a tragedy.
I am sure that No one dare to ask the muslim women to remove the burka??
we have to remember that everyone is not fortunate to be born with silver spoon like other suggests to relinquish the job itself??
worst come worst , must take the help of court as India is free and judiciary does work underground??
Govind Rana

From Kuwait, Kuwait
shahaji.nair
Dear Harshal,
It is indeed a tricky situation, and let your sister take the decision after talking to the HR, as our friend has already told you.
It is a requirement in some industry type that you cant wear ornaments / tatoo / sign / marks etc etc
Eg : in Hotel industry it is not allowed to wear any ornament if you are a chef (while in the kitchen specifically)
Jobs come and go, but what I feel is just because of the scary nature of the HR policy / tradition you dont have to be a scapegoat.
All the best.
ShajiN

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.