No Tags Found!

Shashi HRD

[It is better to ask the Blind man to realize the situation when he was most angry and boiling. he could feel the colour red]..................You are sitting in front of a panel for an Interview... They ask you only one question... You have to make the right impression with the answer. Normal rules of giving an answer apply here as in if the answer is too long the interviewer might get bored, if it's too obvious, you fail to make a dent. And the worst part... there is............ NO RIGHT ANSWER.
So here's the question:
How will you describe the colour red to a person who is blind from birth....................???
take a minute to think about it... Go ahead...[/quote]

From India, New Delhi
monikahrexecutive
Hi Bipin,

first of all i wanted to know in which situation i have to describe red colour to a blind person.If in general i'll tell him

RED colour, a symbol of marrige,a colour of trust,love,respect,acceptance.
Although people are saying that red is a colour of anger,blood,disaster but i'll explain him red as a colour of love.I'll tell him it's like our life every situation of our life is having two face situations if positive side is there then negative will be there like colour RED as it is a colour of love & disaster also.It's upto us how we want to feel/think about that colour/situation.Then i'll take an example of his life ie he is blind.he might be cursing God manytimes for his blindness(negative aspect) but why don't he realise the positive aspect that God don't want him to see the natural disasters,terrorist activities,selfish people.He is too dear to god
This description of mine will motivate him & describ him the colour red.

Please send your responses on this answer

Regards,
Monika.

From India, Delhi
pankajjoshi
As per my information colours doesnt have any sensation. as we are involved in such type of activity that our work is based on colour code and we have three blind workers but kind of codeing is there by that blind person can detect that colour otherwise its not possible to identify colour by blind.

srikanth_hero
It is very easy to say that answer is ask that blind person laugh for a while that time the thing which comes on your cheek is that colour of red.
From India, Hyderabad
sachin Dethe

HI bipin,
my name is sachin and i am jr. Member ofCite hr
As u said he is blind from birth, but he should know the color of blood is red. blood dont have any other color.
so theire is no question of describe the colour red to a person who is blind from birth
Please replay me wither it is right to wrong

Thanks & Regards
sachin Dethe

From India, Pune
na75369

If you pass a white light through a prism, the white light disperses into seven lights viz. VIBGYOR (u might have studied this in 8th std).
Light or colour can only be felt through the sense of vision, exclusively.
We cannot experience light through any other senses other that the sense of vision.
Each sense is related to only one kind of stimulation and one sense cannot work for the abscence of the other or vice versa.

The colour RED is one of the 7 lights of the spectrum of white light.
Explaining the colour RED to a blind man is same as expecting people to experience GOD through the five senses (which is impossible as GOD is present at a higher dimension than human (3 dimentions))
Human beings are 3 dimensional beings. So humans cannot understand things which exists in >3 dimensions even if all 5 of his senses are working fine.
In Mathematics there are total 11 dimensions.
Time is the fourth dimension and humans cannot define time as time is in the dimension which is higher than that of the humans itself.

I will say this to my interviewer -
I would answere your question only if you (the interviewer) could draw a 4 sided triangle.

From China
Prashanti
If the Interviewer is asking such a question ...must be that they are trying to test your communicating skills and may be also how best you can protray their product.
well anyways if he is blind by birth..he can still understand how the emotion called anger feels, he can feel the scorching sunlight, or the pain on his skin when it is slapped... i guess this description will help him associate with the color red.
regards
Prashanti

From India, Madras
suyambuvel
hi....
this is suyambu
new 2 this site.......
and here comes my answer......
according 2 me a blind man doesnt have anything like colour, its all about faith....
if u say him water is red and then its red to him...
so its a sheer waste of time explaining him...
u can instead say everything is red is in this world 2 him...
atleast he wont be confused...
dont 4get the fact dat "time is precious"
save ur time as well as your interviewer's time...
am i making sense...plz reply

suyambuvel
hi....
this is suyambu
new 2 this site.......
and here comes my answer......
according 2 me a blind man doesnt have anything like colour, its all about faith....
if u say him water is red and then its red to him...
so its a sheer waste of time explaining him...
u can instead say everything is red is in this world 2 him...
atleast he wont be confused :-D...
dont 4get the fact dat "time is precious"
save ur time as well as your interviewer's time...
am i making sense :confused:...plz reply

ianjo
The he interviewee can describe as much as possible things that are red like the blood running in his/her veins. The tomato he/she has eaten and as many red things you can remember, explain fire, differentiate it from his hair which might be black. You can ask the blind man to tell you in turn what he thinks red looks like to ensure he gasps the picture . Ianjo.
From Trinidad and Tobago, Chaguanas
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.